Chapter 8

Espresso wasn't in the cell when Madeleine woke up.
The knight assumed he had gone out for his little "trials" and wouldn't be back until later.

He got up and threw his armor on. His stomach rumbled as he did so, making the light cookie realize how damn hungry he was. He hadn't eaten any of the food yesterday, for he had been yelling at Espresso to eat it.

What an idiot.
Madeleine smiled at the thought.
Cute idiot though.

He stretched and went over to the door. It was made of oak wood with metal strips making vector lines across it and it had a small open window at the top with metal bars just wide enough for one's arm to slip through.

Madeleine, being the tall cookie he is, managed to look out the window while just standing upright.

He walked away from the little hole in the cell door and went to grab the tray that the scrawny cookie had left in the cell the night before. The knight grabbed the tray and walked back over to the window, slipping the tray and his arm in between two of the bars.

Madeleine began slamming the tray against the door just to provoke the guards.
The ones outside the cell grumbled a bit but didn't pay mind to it.

Not yet at least.

To make things worse (for the guards of course), Madeleine began to sing in an extremely off tune voice; it sounded like forks scratching on a plate.

"Ohhhh how the Divine has blessed thee, ohhhh how it's a mysteryyyyyy" He proceeded to make an awful imitation of a harmonica while still banging the tray on the door.
"When the days come to a haltttt, we'll all know it was the fault of these lowlife little assholes that want to use cookies as slaves for their own good and nothing else because they're not very creativeeeee" He made an awful harmonica impression again but as he was about to start another verse, one of the guards yelled and grabbed the tray out Madeleine's hand.

"Hey! My instrument!"

"Shut the hell up before we overcook you, you divine-loving shitlord!"

"Mee mee mi mi meh" The light cookie imitated the guards outside with a childish voice while making little talking motions with his hands.

One of the guards turned around and slipped her spear between the bars, pointing it straight at Madeleine.

"Shut. Up."

Madeleine glared at her before smirking and throwing his hands around the neck of the spear.
He tugged on it harshly, catching the guard by surprise and pulling the spear in with him.

"GIVE THAT BACK!"

"Maybe when I'm done carving my initials into this wooden door of yours."

Madeleine heard the door unlocking and he was about to make a run for it until he saw Espresso push past the guards and stand in the doorway.

"Essy!" The knight exclaimed in joy, "How were the trials? Did you do well?"
But Espresso didn't respond. The guards didn't do anything, they just moved out of the coffee mage's way, trying to keep distance from him.

"Keep him in here." Espresso said suddenly.

"Huh?" But Espresso ignored the knight's small inquiry.
"Espresso, where are you going to go?"
Madeleine was about to take a step towards Espresso but the dark cookie flicked his wrist and sent Madeleine flying back into his cell.

"Keep him in here." He repeated to the guards again before turning and walking away.
Madeleine stood up from his spot on the cold concrete floor, wincing as he did so.

What the hell? Madeleine thought.

***
Short chapter, I didn't know what to write but I thought I should update, sorry