Chapter 1: Jealousy

A/N: I apologize if this story sounds a little dry and boring, I haven't been in the best mood lately and I'm having writer's block. If there's anything I could do to make this part of the story a little bit interesting, don't be afraid to message me!
ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
"Son," Haytham's voice echoed in the small quiet room.

"Oh..Ah, sorry." Connor shot his head back at his father who was in front of him. He had let his thoughts cloud his mind and he was staring off in the corner of his room.

"Maybe you should go and get some tea, you seem tired." Haytham lifted up from the chair, and opened the door leading out of the room.

"Come on, then." Haytham held the door open with his right hand, and motioned his left hand out for his son to leave.

Connor lifted himself from his chair and followed his father out. He went into the large living room and sat in one of the four large arm chairs that were set in a circle around a coffee table. He was not alone, as Hickey, Shay and Charles sat in the three others.

"Connor," Charles stated, looking up from the cup of tea he held in his hand. "How are you?"

"Fine, I suppose," Connor responded, rubbing his aching head.

Haytham returned with a hot cup of tea for his son, which he had mixed with honey - just how Connor enjoyed his tea.

"Connor, without you at my side the Templar Order wouldn't be thriving so well in the colonies." Haytham said joyfully handing his son the cup of tea. He was ultimately proud of Connor and loved him dearly.

Charles heard this and it was like a knife had pierced his heart. He thought he deserved much more recognition than Connor. "I've done more than this spoiled brat ever could," Charles thought quietly to himself, "I deserve to be at the Grandmaster's side, not him."

"You're turning green, Charles!" Shay bleated loudly, chuckling. "Get that scowl off your face."

Charles blushed, embarrassed. He drank from his teacup, trying to partially hide his red face.

The Grandmaster ignored Shay and Charles, as he too was very aware of Charles' jealousy of Connor.

Later that night, Charles laid in his bed and couldn't sleep, his anger was burning and all he could focus on was Connor. Then, that's when he thought of a horrible idea.

"I should kill him," Charles silently thought to himself. "I'm tired of being treated like a dog."

The darkness splashed over his room, completely covered in darkness. He clenched his teeth tight, his fury drowning him in his bed.