Prologue

"Princess, it is time to wake up."

"Miss. Evelyn, you are needed in the study."

"Princess Evelyn you're scheduled to have tea with your mother this afternoon."

"Mistress, the queen prefers that you not go out into town today."

Sometimes it's quite irritating listening to my servants call my name every once in awhile. I always have so much to do, and so much to worry about, I often wonder why or how I'm even royalty since all of this gives me anxiety. I have such strict rules to follow, rules that prevent me from having a normal life. I can't interact with the townspeople much, which isn't fair since they look up to us. I can't even go into town all that much like I used to with my father because it's apparently too dangerous. Irisia isn't even that much of a dangerous place. And I can't travel without my bodyguard, Harold, which is extremely irritating since I'm eighteen and old enough to take care of myself.

But I have much more to worry about in my life. Getting married is one thing, being entitled queen is another. I don't have much time to look after the town during this time of the year; I have to worry about my future. I want to become queen as soon as possible, and do whatever I can to make this country a better place. I'll do whatever it takes, even if there's obstacles in the way.