First mission pt2

POV Kol

I look at Noels new spell then at the ice mage and his group "Asta Magna leave this to me!" I say as I can see Magnas out of power and Asta is about to collapse

"Alright man you better not lose!" Magna yells taking a seat in the dome while Asta charges at him only to be knocked to the ground

"Asta!!!!" I yell as I launch myself at the man blasting him into a building "Your gonna pay for that!!"

"Owe really and you think your magic can beat me shadow mage" he says as I bust out laughing

"Wait you thought I was a shadow mage ? Hahaha not even close man!" I say laughing "But that doesn't matter"

"No because your about to die" the man says as he fires a barrage of ice spikes

"Shadow creation magic: shade shield" I say as a thin shield made of shadows appears infront of me tanking the attack "Time to end this!! Shadow creation magic: knightmares maelstrom!!"

A giant vortex of shadow magic appears sucking in all of the enemy mages "Now fall" I say as I turn off my magic and they fall to the ground unconscious "Noel you can turn off the spell I beat em"

As she dispells the dome I see her about to fall over so I flash over and catch her "Did I do good?" She asks weakly

"Yea you did great you can rest now" I say as she passed out with a smile

"Alrighttt Kolll you did great my man!!" Magna yells as the villagers start to cheer

Soon I see a anti magic bird land on Asta "Hey get off me you pest!!" Asta yells trying to kill it with his sword

"Haha owe brother" I say to myself laughing as I look over to see a old man dead "Magna was that?"

Magna looks down "Yea that was Sayhe, he died trying to protect the villagers"

"Dam I'm sorry man I know you guys were close" I say still carrying Noel "Well I'm going to take her back to the hideout, I'll see you guys there"

I create a set of wings and take off towards the hideout but feel some fiery aura down below me "What the?"

A massive blast of crimson fire comes at me and Noel "Shadow creation magic: shade shield"

I form the shield but it isn't big enough to block all the fire "Shit" I say as I turn and use my body to absorb the blast and protect Noel but we start to fall and crazy into the ground "Ahhh fuck who was that?"

"Carful Kol this magic is familiar" Gilgamesh says a little shaken but regains his composure"I would love to know how you are alive. Mordred"

As he says that a blond haired women walks out of the tree line with red and silver armor

"Hello Gilgamesh I believe your friend here has something that belongs to me" she says as Gilgamesh chuckles

"Ok who the hell are you?" I ask her as she gets annoyed

"My name is Mordred rightful wielded of Clarent" she says as I don't look impressed "What! No reaction! Doesn't matter give me the sword!!"

She reaches a hand out "No" I say as she looks confused

"What do you mean no, it's my sword!" She yells pouting like a child

"I say no because you need to prove you deserve it" I explain as she seems to get what I'm saying

"Hmm is that a challenge?" She asks as her armor disappears and she take a confident look

(A/N: ignore the sword)

I blush a little but shake it off "In two days meet me at the demon skull. I need to bring her back to base" I say gesturing to Noel "And tomorrow is pay day so I'm gonna enjoy myself. But here" I say summoning clarent and holding it out "You can have this for our duel"

"And what stops me from just taking the sword?" She asks twirling it in her hand

"I have a feeling you wouldn't turn down a fight" I say giving her a smirk

"Alright I accept this deal. I'll see you in two days  umm... what was your name?" She asks a little embarrassed after taking the sword

"It's Kol. I'll see you in two days Mordred" I say as I pick Noel up and take off again "What do you think Gil?"

"I think it'll be a interesting fight" he says then laughs "Got to say however I'm surprised she's still alive she must have sealed herself somehow as I did"

"Yea guess she did. What do you think my odds are to beat her?" I ask him as the base comes into view and Noel stirs "Nevermind we'll talk later"

As I say that he quickly vanishes in a shimmer of golden dust

Noel groggily opens her eyes and looks at me "Welcome back sleeping beauty" I say teasing her a little as she blushes "We're almost back I'll bring you to your room so you can rest"

"Yea that sounds good" she says as she looks around and sees my wings "Wow that's amazing"

"Yea it takes less energy then creating black Pegasus" I explain as I start to descend Towards the base. I look at her and she looks like she wants to ask something "What is it?"

"How did you train your magic so well?" She asks looking away in shame "I've been training my whole life and I've never been able to control my attacks but you do it like it's nothing, please tell me how" she says starting to cry "I'll do anything please!"

I sigh as I land us a mile from the base and set her down "The truth is I've only had magic for almost 8 months"

She looks shocked "How is that possible?!?! You can't just up and get magic one day that's not how it works"

I pull out my grimoire "You see this?" I say pointing at the seven leaf clover "I was in the woods and this grimoire appeared and the spirt inside offered me his power and weapons"

She's to stunned to speak but composes herself "And who is this spirit?" She asks crossing her arms

I look at the grimoire for Gilgamesh to say something "He doesn't want me to reveal his name sorry, but back to my point I know how to control my magic because it came with the grimoire"

She looks down "So does that mean I won't ever be able to control my magic?" She asks shacking

"No I can help you. In order for my creation magic and attack magic to keep progressing I have learned to bend the elements I use to my will" I say as I create a intricate axe out of pure shadow "I can help you with manipulating your mana but you must learn to limit your power"

She stands there looking at me with tears falling from her eyes before she practically tackles me to the ground "Thank you" she says crying in my chest as I pet her head

"No problem we're squad mates after all" I say as I lay there just letting her cry