Chapter 2

Hinata pov
    It had been quite a while since Kageyama and I had set off to my house but we were still about ten minutes away. It was an awkward silence, neither of us knowing what to say. I decided to break it and said, "Hey, Kageyama?"

    "Hm?"

"When was it when you realized how you felt?"

"I'm not sure exactly, but I think it's been around a month."

"A month huh?" I think for a moment, "Our practice game against Nekoma was about a month ago too."

"I guess so."

"Wait, don't tell me that was when you realized."

"So what if it was."

"Why are you getting all defensive?" I let out a laugh. "It doesn't matter to me when you figured it out, at least now you told me."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

When did you figure out that you liked me?"

"Well, I always get excited about the way you give me the ball for our super quick, but that's probably because I never had a setter before. I noticed that whenever you get really into the game you don't look angry and you look really... nice." I trail off, "and...yeah." I could feel my face turning red.

"How do you mean nice? Like good or friendly?"

"Both, I guess," I said a bit quieter, my face continuing to heat up.

I felt Kageyama's hand pulling mine back and I turned around to see him stop.

"What is it? We're almost to my house."

"I-... I guess I just didn't expect that." He turned his head away from me, but I could still see his ears turn pink.
I let out a soft chuckle. "Come on, we're real close."

It was quiet for a few minutes, save for our footsteps on the road and the click of my bike when the wheels rotated completely.

"Hinata?"

"What is it?"

"You mentioned other types of love. What are they?"

"Um, it's a bit hard to explain all of them, but I'll tell you when we see them, alright?"

"Sure."

Kageyama pov
    The rest of the walk to Hinata's house was silent, and at the corner of the street I assumed was where he lived, he dropped my hand.  I looked at him questioningly and he said, "I'm not going to tell my mom yet."

    I nod, "Yeah, that's probably best."

    Hinata turns up a walkway to a house and I follow him. He opens the door and yells into the house, "I'm home!"

    "Shouyou!!"

    "Natsu!" Hinata says and picks up the ball of energy so it wouldn't knock him over. Once they came to a stop, I saw that it was a small girl with the same orange and messy hair as Hinata.

    "Natsu let Sho at least get in the house before you attack him," a woman's voice calls from somewhere within the house. Attack? What does she mean?

    Hinata sets Natsu down and takes off his shoes and I follow suit.

    Hinata picks his bag back up and says, "We're going to my room to work on homework."       

    His room? It feels weird, we're not even official yet and he's invited me to his room.

"Dinner's in twenty." the same woman, his mother I assume, calls.