Adhd affects me

Adhd  Affects me

   1)Did you ever sit In class and  look around and see one person spazzing out or talking fast or talk nonstop or they may getting easily distracted ?? There’s a slight chance they may have adhd ,which is attention deficit hyperactive disorder. Symptoms are not listening when spoken to, Difficulty focusing on things and forgetting things easily often loosing things, and very impatient .

    2)Sometimes it makes me feel different because I have to take two pills everyday. It gives me the feeling that everyone is normal but me. I just feel so……abnormal. I was first diagnosed with Adhd when I was in first grade when I was six years old and I‘ve had it ever since. Some symptoms I have include  difficulty listening it almost seems like it goes in one ear and out the other . Difficulty focusing as right  of now the only way I can write stories is if I’m listening to music sometimes with headphones so I don’t hear other sounds that can distract me. I’m also forgetful I loose things often  because I forget where I put them . And I guess if I’m excited or mad I can be very impatient. 

   3)Sometimes its hard to do well in school .I’ve never had more than to A’s on my report cards but I’ve had plenty of B’s ,C’s and D’s I study. but I always forget it . Sometimes if I study right before I take the test  I can remember its. But if its to much to remember. I cant remember it and most of the time I know what to do but when I have the test in front of me my mind goes blank .

  4) Like in math my mind cant focus with the numbers and letters mixed together better known as algebra my mind gets confused so I never understand it. But is not only in math that I don understand things but in every subject. I never ask for help because I’m afraid of raising  my hand  because I think people would think I am stupid but I’m not I just don’t understand it. I also never like to raise my hand because when some people ask questions people tell them to shut up or that their stupid .I really don’t like to answer the question because if its wrong it makes me feel stupid .So therefore I never raise my hand .Also I don’t raise my hand because mind goes off topic and sometimes if I want to say something ;I’LL have to say it quick or I get distracted and I forget what I was going to say. Adhd sometimes makes school harder.

  5) That doesn’t mean that I cant try and be successful according to an article on “Randy Schwartz, a softball dad, dedicated family man, and a successful salesman at a company that markets energy-efficient lighting and power technologies, was diagnosed with adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD ADHD) in 2006” 

    6)His wife says   “I suspected for a long time that Randy had ADHD. Despite his symptoms, and the problems they caused, I always loved him. At times, though, I’d criticize him, because I thought he lacked self-discipline. We’re opposites. I’m very focused and disciplined. For years, Randy would beg me for help to get things done. I’d show him, tell him, remind him, but, in the end, none of it worked” 

 7)So what I’m trying to say is that even though randy had adhd he was a successful salesman so just because I have adhd I shouldn’t put myself down because I cant focus that just means .I just have to try harder and if that doesn’t work. I should just keep trying and trying until; I can succeed and be successful in my life because even though I’m a kid .I wont let adhd overtake me. I’m going to fight I’ve been fighting with it since I was 6 ;so I guess it a war now . I wont back down because I want adhd to be done affecting me.

  8)well not really I can grow out of I but half of my twenty three cousins on my dads side have adhd its mostly genetic so I might and might not grow out of it .even though might not be able to stop it I can control it with the help a little pill called Adderall twice a day everyday. I can control my Adhd. I’m the same me just with adhd .

By : Acoombs