1* A little bit of background...

Stella's POV.:

9 years ago...

Riiiiiiing-riiiiiiing!

The bell echoed through the classroom, bringing the sound of bags rustling and people talking with each other.

Ugh... finally. I thought I'm going to throw up if I stay here for one more hour.

I got to the lockers, where Dan, or Daniel, already was. I couldn't hold my anger anymore.

"I hate that bitch." Dan frowned.

"Who?"

"Mrs. Willson!" I shouted. "She always has to humiliate me in front of all class! Last time she read my homework in front of class to show that work like this doesn't even deserve to get an F. This time I was reading a book when she took it from me and read it to the whole class. I never did anything to her. That's up with sabotaging me?"

I locked my locker and looked at Dan. He was smiling. SMILING!!!

"Why the fuck are you smiling?!"

"Why shouldn't I?"

He smirked?! I hate him. Sometimes I just honestly hate him.

"Because I was serious"

I said. He smirked again.

"You just look so funny than you're angry"

I ignored him and started leaving the building. He followed behind.

I think we were walking for an hour, but it felt like fifteen minutes. It's because of him. He always knows how to kill time. We were already in front of his house. Technically his aunt's.

He didn't have parents. They died than he was a baby. It's kinda sad, because he and his aunt lived there just two of them. They don't even have a pet. Dan always wanted a dog but Silvia (his aunt) never let him have one. I liked her but sometimes I didn't agree with her.

I got out of my head, when Dan opened the front door. He entered first. I wanted to enter after him but instead bumped into his back. I looked over his shoulder and saw a room full of men dressed in black. Well, maybe the room wasn't completely filled, but there was enough of them.

I was literary shocked. I looked at Dan. Dan looked at his aunt. Silvia looked at me and then spoke.

"Honey I think it's not a good idea to hangout with Dan right now."

Dan raised an eyebrow.

"Why not?"

Silvia responded with "Because it's really serious family stuff and I don't think Stella needs to hear that."

I saw in Dan's face that he didn't like the answer.

"She is my best friend and she is going to stay."

I tried to say something. "Dan it's not really necessa-" but he cut me off. "no, you gonna stay" and he looked into my eyes. Sometimes he scared me. He was slightly taller than me, so I think that made sense.

After ten minutes of Dan arguing with Silvia, he finally let it go.

"Ok, ok she will leave."

He looked at me and sayed goodbye with an apology in his face. I said my goodbyes and got out of house. All the way home I was thinking about these men in Dan's house. What were those men? What did they want? What was so important that I couldn't listen? Is everything okay? Then I got home and got straight to my room. These questions kept pondering in my head until I got to sleep.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

It was almost a week...

After that night Dan didn't answer to my calls or texts. I kinda got worried about that idiot. Maybe these man did something? He didn't even came to the school. His birthday is this Sunday. Isn't he doing it? Maybe something is wrong... I felt my phone buzz and looked at the notification.

Oh it's from that dickhead. In one second I was relived that he is not dead, but in another I wanted to kill him by myself. Text said: "Meet me at 'sad tree' by ten, today". We had a place there we used to hide from Dan's aunt and my parents. It was kinda like a safe place.

You're probably wondering why we called it the 'sad tree'. I think the tree just looked really sad. I'm not really sure why we named it that way... I didn't reply to that text. I didn't reply cause I was saving my anger to the time that we get to see eachother.

I got to the place and immediately saw him. I walked to Dan and then he turned around I didn't waist any time and slapped him as hard as I could. After a couple of seconds he looked at me, and spoke.

"I guess I deserve this."

I was so angry.

"You guess?!"

This motherfucker had a courage to ignore me all week!! And he just guesses?! He was still looking at me. His eyes met mine and I relaxed for a bit. But don't miss understand me, I was still angry at him.

After a while I spoke. "Why out of sudden you wanted to meet? You didn't bother about ignoring me all week, then why did you want to meet?"

I wasn't shouting anymore, but you still could hear the anger in my voice.

"It's a lot... A lot happened..." He continued "I think I should go straight to the point" with an inhale Dan continued "I'm leaving...I don't know if I will come back..."

He looks at me with apology in his eyes and I look at him with disbelief. How..? What?

"I don't understand...Why?" He looks away and then back at me.

"I can't explain why... I just have to leave" I feel my eyes water.

"But you can't just leave all of a sudden!" I still can't believe it. My  childhood best friend is going to leave... The person that I always trusted. The person who knew all of my deepest, darkest secrets. Why he can't just explain it to me? Why...?

I feel two arms bring me into a hug.

"I know that is heartbreaking to you because I can't tell you why. I know that you're really confused right now. You probably are thinking how your secret spilling buddy can't tell this secret... Well I really want to tell you...but I can't."

I can feel the pain in his voice. I let him go and look up with my reddened eyes. I probably look like a zombie from all of this crying, but I can't help it. He is my bestfriend... The person I trusted the most.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
It's me. The writer. Uh...this was a lot. Maybe to you guys it doesn't seem that much, but to me it's a lot. Even start a story, to have the courage is hard...
Thanks for just trying my story. I hope you will like it. If you have time leave a comment or maybe if you liked the start of this story, leave a like :)
Love you guys <3