FLOWERS IN HER HAIR

ISABELLA MADRIGAL X FEM!READER

Media: Encanto

Summary: After the magic had returned, the Madrigals held a party in La Casita and invited the whole village. Word got around about Dolores and Mariano's upcoming engagement which perks a certain blacksmith's interest towards Isabella.

Warnings: None

Notes: None

_____

Everyone was chatting happily with one another, some singing, some drinking and some just laughing away the night.

Ever since Mirabel saved the miracle, everything had turned out for the better. Luisa was more open with everyone, Alma was more understanding and Isabella..

Isabella was-

"Beautiful.." You breathed out, watching her grow succulents in a particularly empty pot, the plant being nothing like her typical array of roses.

Her appearance had changed from the prim and proper form you had once known to a more cheerful, more.. rebellious like nature. More like herself, her true self.

You had always disliked her before, everytime she passed by your shop, she would always give weird stares and eventually walk away with flowers covering the tiled floor.

Which was a hassle to get rid of by the way.

You always assumed she looked down at you since she passed by often, always walking particularly slow in front of your shop whenever you were working, always leaving a trail of pink roses behind.

But now, she seemed different and not so stiff and princess-like. Her dress was blue, yellow painting the tips with several other colours as different flowers flowed along her top while the once soft purple flower in her hair had become a spiky orange one.

She seemed happier like this. Maybe you had misunderstood all along? I mean, you barely talked to her.

"Y/N? Are you listening to me?" Camilo huffed, playfully smacking the back of the blacksmith's head.

"HUH OH YEAH I WAS!" You yelled out, causing a few people to look at you before turning back. Camilo laughed before looking at where you zoned out and seeing his cousin entertaining the guests.

"You got goo goo eyes for my cousin Isa?" He asked, smirking slyly. You whipped your head around, smacking his shoulder. "SHH!! She's gonna hear us!" You whisper shouted.

Camilo shapeshifted into Isabela, doing a kissy face. You blushed and pushed him away a little too strongly, making him yelp dramatically.

All that commotion had caught the real Isabela's attention and she blushed red at the site of Camilo shapeshifting into her in front of Y/N. Y/N! Oh God, she hoped nothing bad happened there.

Making her way there, she used her gift to pull him away and he crossed him arms while pouting. Isabela put her hand on Y/N's shoulder, an apologetic and slightly embarrassed look on her face.

"Sorry about that Y/N, Camilo is just-"

"The annoying little cousin that likes to cause mischief, don't worry, I have one too." You both laughed and looked away from each other, obviously a little flustered.

The million dollar question was constantly ramming your mind and you decided now was a good time.

"Hey-" You both said in unison, both stopping as you try to let the other go first.

Isabela chuckled, tugging onto your sleeve. "Let's go talk somewhere else?" And you nodded. She led you both outside where Casita formed some makeshift stairs for you two to go sit on the roof.

"So.." Isabela started and you tilted your head to get a better look at her. She seemed a little flustered so you decided to go first.

"Hey Isabela, do you uh, dislike me?" You asked, thinking that Casita was the most interesting thing to look at right now. She whipped her head at you, fumbling to get closer.

"N-no-! What gave you that idea?" Panic was present in her voice and you chuckle lightly at that. "You always seem to stare weirdly at me when you pass by. I don't know? It always seemed like you were taunting me." You replied to which she shrunk back in her seat.

"Oh, well about that, I.. I didn't dislike you per say." She twirled a loose strand of hair with her finger, smiling giddily to herself.

"I just.. really liked seeing you.." She confessed, a red tint spreading across her face."You always had fun doing your work, whether they were perfect or not. I guess I was jealous that you could let loose. You might think it's weird-"

"It's not weird!" You took her hands in yours and smiled at her. "It's not weird and I really like you this way, being yourself.." You said softly, blushing at your cheesy line. She smiled warmly at you, making your heart flutter.

"Hey, do you maybe wanna come over for some empanadas sometimes?" She asked, confidence lacing her voice.

You rub your thumb over her knuckles. "It's a date."