Chapter 19 (Phineas)

Ok, so I know that guy is out for us, and it may seem pretty pointless to fight when we're in another world with potentially hostile forces occupying it, but he's been a pain ever since we arrived at college and tried to be sociable. When Cornelius, or 'Corny' as I'd like to call him, went up and asked him why he was being such a... pain, he simply said, "It's how you are, how can anyone be willing to be friends with such a lame aura?" As if he could sense our 'aura' and make judgements on it. 

Needless to say, we both beat him up several times. Or at least, we tried to. I don't think anyone would have gotten into detention more than us, across any universe. So, yeah, saying that we have bad blood between us is quite an understatement. Add on the fact that we were both chosen for being WorldBreakers.. Things are not getting nice and friendly any time soon.

When asked about us twins, people may call us 'rivals' or 'frenemies', as are all twins and siblings in general, but  I'd prefer it if we were called 'homies'. Because we're of the same, exact vibe, and no one else gets it when we look at each other and struggle to hold in our laughter. And if one of us gets into trouble anywhere, we know for sure that the other is coming for us. Always.

So now you know why we're both mad. Great. On to the story.

After the squabble with Pierre and his high horse attitude ended, we went over to Charles, Rico and Zheng, who were discussing about something in really low tones. When we went over to them, they looked over to us and nodded briefly in acknowledgement. "So it looks like you two can keep that prince guy over there in check, huh?" Rico asked us. Corny answered, "Yeah, more like we keep each other in check, but whatever. If you feel like bashing his head in, feel free to tell us, we'll do it for you instead." I interjected, "Let's not go so far, ok? Besides, I don't think they can even feel that much hatred for him yet. We'll deal with him ourselves when the time's right, which is probably never going to come." 

Yes, I may hate the guy, but I am older than Cornelius, which means I've learned the way to be mature and 'adult-like' pretty quickly. Though, as they say, oceans are both friend and foe. I mean, come on, anyone will start fuming once you push and prod them far enough, right?

"So we have a guy who's looking all butterflies and gardens on one side, and on the other we have an egoistic, self-absorbed bighead on the other? Great, we're all good, let's just wait for the WorldBreakers to come save us."

And that's when it happened.

A huge gap in the air. I've seen Rico use spatial magic during the trials, so I knew it was a spatial crack. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that Orthen, the Space WorldBreaker, fell down in front of us covered in blood. And behind him were some people who were covered from head to toe in some golden armour, and looked like holy knights. They were covered in blood too. But the aura they gave off... I shuddered involuntarily. They felt like they came from the depths of hell. 

As soon as they appeared, someone in the back looked around and locked onto Pierre. They raised their hand, and terrifyingly enough, Pierre rose along with it. He started shouting some incomprehensible words, but I could see his eyes. They were wide with fear. Not once have I seen him scared, and that alone made the experience far, far worse. I was paralysed with absolute terror. And I could do nothing but look on when he was taken away. 

We had just lost one of the best chances to beat the Galactics. And they have gained an advantage.