Chapter 2

Ais' POV & Flashback

It was now morning in the dungeon, Ais still had a headache from last night's party forming; with their Commander somehow being added to all of the parties because of his damned skillset. In the first place, they were greeted upon an unusual setting; an amused Adachi, extremely worn out Finn and Riveria, last but not least a very unusually happy Gareth.

Gareth: "We will now be forming parties! Adachi will explain the details of tomorrow's operation—"

Adachi: "–Thanks old friend; now where was I—Ah... Many of you must be confused as to why I'm joining; normally I don't interfere with the growth of weaker adventurers, that's been the standard since the founding of this Familia. However, many of you do not have the equipment to fight the undiscovered monsters I scouted out yesterday; as a result, it has come to this. For anyone wanting to know my class and level; I multiclass Mage and Fighter classes. My level is...Level 9."

Dead silence followed by whispers amongst everyone, to which many in the crowd began laughing.

Adachi: "Ahaha... I see; I do suppose it sounds like a joke, let's try this—"

What followed after was a tsunami of mana bursting out of Adachi; many who weren't high enough leveled adventurers began dropping to their knees. Finn, Riveria and Gareth were shocked; the quality and the quantity was extremely high, the highest they have ever seen since Lefiya's arrival. However, if they had to make a comparison between the two using water, Lefiya was a lake, to the ocean simply known as Adachi, it was as if he was on his way to be a deity like Loki. The only ones that could stand were Lefa and Ais, while the rest of them were keeled over as if recovering from seasickness.

Adachi: "Woe–my bad! Now you believe me? Damn! Didn't think I accidentally cause mass mana hysteria this quickly—"

Mass-mana hysteria is a common phenomenon, to put it succinctly, adventurers with larger mana capacities or potency can unknowingly cause fear and panic to those with lesser mana, so long as they can successfully control and suppress their own mana; it's a non-issue. More often than not, people use this tactic to make others submit by inflicting psychological fear and forcing the danger center of their opponents' brain to overreact.

Gareth: "To be fair Adachi, you don't really leave much room to have folks to get to know you."

Adachi: "Not many people here make the effort to ask, I'll answer any questions here that are within reason."

Just like that, many questions erupted from the crowd.

Tione: "Are you an elemental mage?"

Adachi: "I specialize in two elements: Lightning and the other is a Unique element. Although I have no problem using other elemental spells, I prefer using my specialties. Any others?"

Bate: "What's behind the mask? Are you some ugly bast—"

Adachi simply stared at Bate and stopped him in his tracks. Bate had stopped speaking halfway through and looked like some kind of statue, with a strange aura of platinum colored mana surrounding him. Tiona looked at the frozen Bate up and down, when she tried touching him, to her surprise, her arm went through him!

Adachi: "I'm just going to stop you right there. " He rushed to Bate at pure blind speed, and connected a heavy gut punch. For that moment, Adachi too was wrapped around the strange mana from earlier like Bate. Although Bate didn't make any facial reactions, nor did his body move at all; but the demonstration they just saw. The hit had connected, and Adachi was back at the podium, instantaneously.