Yantao birthday

"Happy birthday to you~" He sang. "Now make a wish and blow the candles."

"I wished for-"

"Ah ah ah. If you say your wish, it won'f come true."

"Then I wish for you to leave my side, oops I said my wish. I guess it won't come true."

"You sneaky little thing, open your gift."

"Woah!"

"You like it? You are 13 so I didn't know what to get you, I heard bracelets were popular among your age group and red it also a very nice color so-"

"Thank you grandpa, I love you!"

"Happy birthday."

"Thank you!" She hugged his tighter and tighter until he turned into thin air. "Thank you grandpa." She said in her normal voice but it sounded distorted.

Her eyes opened and she rose quickly, breathing heavily, she felt her cheek and noticed she have been crying in her sleep.

Since I am getting a dream like that, it must be near.

She wasn't in the mood. She head to work as everyone on the street expected her to pull some sort of prank or to be all bubbly, but she was tired. She had 10 hours of sleep but she was already exhausted. She barely made it through the morning.

"Director?"

"Yanfei!" She ran over to her girlfriend and tackle hugged her, luckily Yanfei stood strong. "What's up?"

"I can't eat lunch with you, something important came up."

"Aw boo hoo." 

"Yeah, by the way what's the date today?"

"July 15th."

"Okay bye, love you."

"Love you too..."

Alone again.

The day was slow of course, she didn't need to do any paperworks, she couldn't hang out with Yanfei because she was busy. She thought maybe she would know, but they've only been dating since January so it didn't hurt.

The last time someone celebrated her birthday was her grandpa, like every year she thought it would be different. Someone would remember, someone would ask her, someone would wish her happy birthday. But everyone year on July 15th, it felt like the loneliest day.

Her new friends didn't know because they've never asked. Nobody knew.

                 __________________

"Look over there, the funeral director."

"She looks so young, only 14."

"Her personality it odd, probably because she hangs around the dead all the time."

"Good morning madams!"

"G-Good morning dear."

Walking away like she never heard the rumors. She walked pass them, she would simply greet them and leave.

Odd, strange, weird, creepy. She's heard it all. She's never been called anything but that.

"Your beautiful Hu tao." A drowned out voice said in her dream.

"Really?"

"Of course Hu tao. Hu tao."

                        _____________

"Hu tao!"

"Wah what is it?!"

"You appear to have fallen asleep, it is about time we leave now."

"Oh, did everyone else leave?"

"Yes."

"Okay then you can leave too, bye bye Mr. Zhongli!"

"Have a good night director."

The sun was still setting and the moon was rising, she was walking alone going home. She looked around for Yanfei but she wasn't there.

Maybe she headed home already, I should head home too.

They don't live together, but they planned to move in with each other soon. She got to her house and noticed the door slightly open.

Odd, did I forget this morning?

A light peeked through the small crack, she opened the door and looked around, she was about to take a step when he was startled by a confetti cannon.

"Surprise!"

"Y-Yanfei?!"

"Come in, quickly before the wax melts!"

She pulled Hu tao into the dark kitchen where a small candle was lit on a cake.

"Happy birthday~" She said in a singing tone.

"But how did you-"

"I looked through some files yesterday and realized my girlfriends birthday was the next day so I planned something small for us."

"I- What- Thank you Yanfei!" She burst into tears while laughing and hugging Yanfei, they both fell off their chairs but Hu tao continued laughing.

"What's wrong?!"

"Nobody..."

"What?"

"Nobody even bothered to say happy birthday to me since I was 13." She sniffled.

"Hey look at me, I'll remember to always celebrate for you."

"This is one of the reasons I love you."

"What's the other reasons?"

"Your pretty face, your stomach, your thighs, the way you talk, the way you curl your toes when you mo-"

"You can stop now, now hurry up and blow your candle."

They got up and fixed the chairs. She blew out the candle and smiled.

"I wished for you to never celebrate my birthday, wait- oh no I guess my wish won't come true!" She said sarcastically.

"Darn." Yanfei says playing along. "I love you."

"Thank you." She said. "I love you too."

"Now lets eat the cake! I baked it myself you know!"

"You baked it?! I guess this is my last birthday ever..."

"I'm pretty good at baking!"

"I'll trust you lawyer." Hu tao said while picking at it.

"Yeah okay director."

"I am kidding, I love whatever you make! You know, once we move in together I'll make you something."

"You're gonna burn down the house."

"No!"

"I am kidding, I love you tao tao."

"I love you too, yan yan."