CHAPTER 8

"WELCOME BACK," Naoto greeted you when you entered the station. "I'm starting to miss you wearing your uniform,"

"Same," you take a sip on your coffee.

"How's the mission going?" He asked.

"I don't know," you answered. "I think I got poisoned,"

"What? Shouldn't you go to the hospital? Don't worry, higher-ups knows what you've been doing, but they have no idea about your life as crime consultant," he said.

"They are stressing me out," you run your fingers through your hair because of frustration. "This is all your fault, if you just don't know that I'm a crime consultant, these will not happen, I'm living such a peaceful life,"

"Stop blaming me," he said, raising his hands like surrending. "You agreed to this, and don't dent it, you're enjoying it,"

"Yeah, because I met Rindou there, again," you said. Naoto frowned. "Yeah, I know him, I met him while hiding a body," you whispered.

"Damn, is that the thing called love at first sight?" He asked, cringing.

"I don't love him, okay? Don't give meanings," you said. "But I think I can't stop myself anymore,"

"What do you mean by that?! Are you going to leave this mission? I won't allow that, we've gone too far, Y/N," he said.

"Chill, I won't abandon this mission, I just need to take a break, you know, I'm still a human, I get tired too," you yawned. "I'll take a break for uhm.. 1 month?"

"Month?! No way," he quickly declined.

"Two weeks,"

"A week,"

"Fine," you sighed. "No one shall contact me until I come back okay? I'll stay somewhere, in my rest house, just so you know,"

"Yeah yeah, I'll take care of this, you can go and enjoy your so-called leave," he said. "After that, we will discuss your mission with the higher-ups, we will carry the operation to capture them,"

"Wait.. why? I didn't know that," you said. "Bonten is much powerful than you think, we can't find evidence, they can control the prosecution, even the supreme court,"

"Are you, perhaps, protecting them?" Naoto asked.

"Of course not but isn't too early? I haven't collected evidence yet," you said. "Besides, the prosecution is corrupted by Mikey,"

"Mikey? You're close with him?" He chuckled. "We can do this, we have you," he smiled. "You should take your leave, have a safe trip, and also, you should think what to sacrifice, Y/N, your descent life as a cop, or your wealthy but messy life as a crime consultant, I hope you choose wisely,"

DAYS BEFORE your trip for your leave, Naoto called you to inform you that you will have a meeting with the higher-ups about your mission.

"What's with the rush? You guys know that what I hate the most is rushing," you said. "We need to plan this,"

"How long are we going to wait, Ms. Y/N?" Your superior asked.

"Wait then what? Bonten will find out, sooner or later, that we are trying to attack them," they said. "They'll know that you're a undercover and if that happens, your life will be also in danger,"

"We have already talked about this Y/N," Naoto whispered. "Please don't tell me that you haven't made choice yet,"

"I was just about to say that," you forced a smile, making him sighed. "Is our team really ready for this?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I have a plan to get their executive, Rindou Haitani, this is my only chance," because right now, I'm already falling for him. "I want everything to be settle before I move,"

"What else do you need?"

"Everything that will surely put him behind the cell, everyone should take our side especially the prosecution, the evidence should not be fabricated because that will cause us trouble, the warrants should still be valid, the witnesses, if there's any, they should be protected, as well as their family and make sure they won't back out.."

"That's all that I need," you drink water when you finished talking. Your superiors look at you with their jaws dropped on the floor while you continue to state everything you will need for this operation. While Naoto, on the side, listening to you, is proud, thinking that he's the best senior and partner.

"You're so great,"

"I know," you smirked. If they only knew that you think like this because you're a crime consultant. "I guess this meeting ends here? Now that everything is settled, Naoto knows my plan, he will explain it to you,"

"I have a question, Ms. Y/N," you stopped from stepping out when a superior spoke. "Why are you doing this? This is not a normal job and thinking for a low rank cop,"

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" You scoffed. Your superior shook his head. "Well, to answer that not-insult-question of yours, I'm doing this because I want peace of mind," you looked at Naoto, who knows your secret and he's not ready to keep it.

"Well then, your leave is approve, you can go now,"

"Thank you," you smiled before going out.

--

:☽