Neethanadi

Sivaangi was doing her routine weekend shopping at the Indian Stores in a small city in Chicago. She had been living in US since her masters which would be 4 years by then. She had picked up all the items that were written in the list prepared by her earlier and billed them. When she was about to move out of the store after picking up the bags from cart, she dashed into someone...

Sivangi MV : Yaaru da ithu ipdi vanthu idikkarathu...Oh... Nammalum than gavanikkama vabthuttomo...Nalla vela ethuvum keezha vizhala...

When she was about to look up after repositioning the bags in her hand, she heard a "Sorry" from the person whom she bumped into... She froze on hearing the voice.. She wanted to look up to the person but at the same time, her heart already guessed the owner of the voice and was hesitant to look up... When she finally looked up, tears brimmed in her eyes and swiftly reached out to the parking lot and ignited the engine of her car... She drove back to her home with teary eyes and rushed into her house... The only word that came out of her mouth was "Ashwin".

Ashwin - The reason for her happiness once and tears then. Sivangi and Ashwin studied in the same college but different department, she had a crush on him since the moment she saw him... Her mind was reminiscing their first meet..

9 years before , College first day..

Sivangi was super excited and thrilled to have secured a seat based on her merit on a reputed engineering college. It was her first day, but there wasn't any classes scheduled. It was just orientation and meet and greet with the staffs and the students. She had come along with her father and got seated in a conference room of approximately 1000 people capacity. Every single fresher was accompanied with atleast one parent. She had seated herself next to an aunty who was sitting in one but the corner seat. Her dad was sitting on the fourth, her being sitting on the third. The corner seat was empty for a while and just when the orientation was about to begin, she sensed someone tapping her shoulders and found it to be that aunty.

Aunty : Hi Ma... In Geetha... What's your name ?

Sivangi: Hi Aunty... I'm sivangi...

Aunty : Nice name... Entha department ma ?

Sivangi : Information Technology aunty...

Aunty : oh apdiya... En paiyan computer science department.. Name Ashwin...

Sivangi: Oh okay Aunty...(She internally grinned for no reason, or May be finding that aunty to be the parent of a guy and not a girl).

Aunty : Ma...Na Avan Enga poi irukkan nu pathuttu varen...

Sivangi : Okay Aunty...

It's been 15 minutes and that aunty was nowhere to be seen. First on agenda was Principals address and it was about to begin but still no sign of her...

Sivangi MV : oru vela vera engayavathu poi okkanthutangalo... Sari vidu...

When she sighed and about to turn her attention towards the Dias, she spotted a super charming personality walking towards her.. He had sharp features and was looking devilishly handsome... He halted upon finding couple of seat empty next to her. When she averted her gaze avoiding embarrassment, she heard "Anga than okkaru" and she felt him sitting next to her followed by the aunty in the corner seat..

Sivangi mouthed "Ashwin" which she was sure no one could notice, followed by "Semmaya irukkan".
She was jumping inside whenever his hand accidentally brushed on her. The ultimate moment was when the aunty leaned in towards her asking some random question for which she had to lean in as well to reply, which means she leaned on to him to reply... She found goosebumps sensing their proximity...