A New Beginning

(a/n I don't own the characters JK Rowling does.)

It's your first year at Hogwarts, and you parents just send you off to find platform nine and three quarters.

It wasn't that difficult because you can see a bunch of other witches and wizards going that way too. Eventually you came across a nice looking lady with red hair, she had quite a few children too but they were all running into the wall? No no through the wall.

"Excuse me miss is-is this how you get onto platform nine and three quarters?" I ask her.

"Oh is it your first year dearie? Okay so you have to run through the wall between platforms nine and ten. It's Ginny's first year too. Oh Ginny don't be shy say hello."

Another red head girl stepped out from behind her mother. She had the same features as her mum but younger, and slightly more feminine.

She gave me a small smile.

"Hi I'm Ginny."

"Oh I'm y/n, nice to meet you both."

After all of her brothers went (Merlin she had a lot of them) it was our turn to go.

Ginny offered to go first since she had been seeing her brothers do it for years and I agreed.

After her I went, I was a bit nervous, but I ended up getting through just fine. Luckily Ginny was still there waiting.

We got on the train and found an empty booth.

"So what's Hogwarts like? Your brothers must have told you something."

"Well a little, we start with simple spells like making a feather float, but we have other classes to like potions. But be careful of the potions teacher, professor Snape. I've heard not to get on his bad side."

Right as she finished they're was a knock on the booth.

"Can we come in all the other booths are full."

"Yes of course." I said.

It was two brunettes a girl and a boy, the boy was holding a toad, and the girl was holding books.

Before I could say more Ginny spoke up.

"Hermione? Why aren't you with Ron and Harry?"

"Their booth got filled up with people wanting to sit with the boy who lived. But it's alright I don't mind."

She turned to face me.

"Oh I'm sorry I'm Hermione, and you are?"

"I'm y/n, pleasure to meet you. And you?" I asked turning my attention to the boy.

"Neville Longbottom."

I smiled at both of them.

We were eating candy off of the trolley when Ginny laughed at me.

"Y/n you know you have chocolate on your face? Here I'll get it."

She grabbed a napkin and wiped my face. I flushed out of embarrassment.

"Oh uh thanks" I stuttered.

"No problem. Anyway tell us about your parents."

"Oh not much to tell really. I'm an only child and muggle born. When I got my Hogwarts letter my parents totally freaked out. But that doesn't matter they have some time to cool off."

"It'll be alright. I'm muggle born too, and if Malfoy gives you any trouble for it he'll pay. Don't pay attention to him he just takes joy in making others suffer."

It was the girl, Hermione who spoke up.

"Speak of the devil." Ginny growled

A boy with platinum hair came across our booth and stopped to laugh.

"Wow let me guess another Weasley? Oh and the mudblood is here too, Potter finally ditched you?"

"Go away Malfoy." Neville spat back.

"No don't think I will Longbottom. Oh and who's the new comer? I smell mudblood on you too. What is this the loser gang?"

Before any of us could retort he left. Thank Merlin.

"W-what does a mudblood mean?"

"It's a nasty name for people born with non magic parents. Just don't pay attention to it. He's wrong."

Ginny said it and put her hand on top of mine. I felt shocks go up my arm but I didn't pay attention to it.

"You know it's odd, you seemed so shy at the platform." I told her.

"Yeah I am towards new people but I'm getting better. Something about you just made me open up."

"Anyway we're almost there we should get changed to our robes."

I just simply nodded and did as I was told. I couldn't wait to get to see Hogwarts.