PROM!!!!

Preston smiled excitedly as he looked in the mirror at the oversized suit he was wearing, bouncing on his heels with an overtly energetic laugh escaping his lips.

"Are you excited? I'm so excited. I've been waiting for this for so long. My mom and dad went to prom together! And my dad wore this very suit. He always told me it gave him good luck with my mom because that was when they had their first kiss."

Preston explained all in one large breath, turning around with the same big grin plastered on his face as he took another deep breath and giggled. Vero smiled faintly, finding Preston's excitement amusing, and nodded a bit in response. He stood up from the seat he was in and walked over to ruffle Preston's hair affectionately, earning him the flustered expression Preston always got when Vero touched him in any way.

Cute.

Vero thought, letting his hand slip down to Preston's untied tie,
"Oh, I don't know how to tie a tie. It's uh... a little bit difficult for me as you would imagine. Do you know how?" Preston asked, a hopeful tone in his voice.

Vero looked away embarrassedly and shook his head, pulling his hand back to touch his tie.
Preston chuckled and shrugged, "Oh, that's okay, we can ask David to tie them for us!"

Preston's excitement seemed to only increase with every moment, stepping away from Vero for a moment to grab his phone,

"Oh! Oh! Pierce says they're all on their way over to the venue now. Let's finish up quickly and head over, okay?" Preston quickly stated, putting away his phone to grab Vero's hand instead and leading him down the steps in a hurry. Vero tripped over himself slightly as he followed along and nearly slammed directly into David who was waiting at the end of the stairs with a camera pointed at them.

"Smile!" David cheered and Preston didn't hesitate to pull Vero close and flash another bright smile. Vero pulled his mask up slightly and turned away from the camera, instead choosing to focus on Preston. David laughed lightly and put the camera to the side,

"Alright, alright Vero you can relax I put the camera away," David teased as Vero let go of some of the tension in his shoulder and offered another small smile.

"Aww but... our ties aren't fixed up in the picture," Preston whined to which David seemed surprised, not having noticed it before.

"Oh, I just assumed Vero knew how to tie them since he always dresses so fancy. You really don't know how?"

Vero shook his head. There was a slight pause, a small mischievous smile on David's face appearing when he spoke again,

"That's fine! I'll teach you right now. Then you can practice by tying Preston's tie," David suggested as he walked closer to Vero. Vero looked surprised at the suggestion but decided to go along with it, watching carefully as David began to demonstrate how to tie it. They repeated it a few times before Vero decided he had the steps memorized and turned to Preston,
"I'm sorry if it turns out bad..." He said softly to which Preston shook his head and bit his lip nervously at their closeness. Vero had surprisingly done a good job at his first time trying it, getting ready to tighten the tie but stopping midway when the flash of a camera surprised both him and Preston. Both of them turned quickly to face David, who laughed loudly as he spoke.

"Hey hey! Don't look at me like that. It was the perfect moment to recreate—"

"Oh my god, it's just like—!"

Neither David nor Preston finished their sentences, leaving Vero puzzled as Preston scrambled down the hall and plucked a picture frame from off the wall, and ran back. He held it next to the picture David was showing off on the camera and Vero felt his face become warm as he realized the framed photo was of Preston's parents; a candid photo of Preston's mom lovingly fixing up his father's tie, and the photo David had taken looked almost the same. Vero stared at it silently for what felt like forever until he felt Preston tugging at his sleeve and met his gaze once more.