Part 2

"Goodnight, my lady," Alisia, my handmaid, bows to me.

"Goodnight, Alisia," I reply warmly.

"I hope you sleep well," She replies over her shoulder as she exits the room, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Thank you," I say, smiling back.

I count to sixty after the door shuts before walking into my closet and ridding myself of my nightgown and putting on a riding outfit.

After changing, I blow out the candles in my room and make my way out onto my balcony. I quickly scan the courtyard below, searching for the garden. I spot him turning to face the other direction. Perfect.

I stride over to the railing on the side furthest from the guard and swing my leg over it. I secure Handhold and my footing then make my way both carefully and briskly down the castle wall.

Once I near the bottom I push off the stone lightly and land on the ground with a quiet thump.

Staying next to the wall, I jog toward the stables, deliberately keeping my steps light.

Once I reach the stables, I climb onto one of the stacks of hay and heave my body onto the roof.

I roll over, then sit up, grinning at Martell. He grins back and reaches out to me.

"You have hay in your hair," he says, leaning forward to pick the hay out of my hair.

I feel his warm breath on my face and my skin flushes.

"There," he sits back, holding several pieces in his hand.

Without thinking, I lean forward and toy with the collar of his shirt.

"You were incredible tonight. I love watching your fire dancing." I say, looking into his eyes.

His grin turns to a smirk. "Why, because I'm always shirtless when I do it?"

I roll my eyes. "No. While you're not bad on the eyes, that's not what I like about watching you."

His expression changes to sincere curiosity. "What do you like about it then?"

"I like how energetic you are. It's clear you put everything into your dances and I love seeing your passion come through."

"I love fire dancing. It's energizing. I love the feeling of the heat so close to my skin and it's incredible to get to play with such a dangerous element." Martell's eyes look up to the sky as they fill with wonder. "It's just, it's incredible. I don't know how else to describe it."

"That's fine, you don't need to explain. You say it all through your performance."

His eyes flicker back to catch mine, before dipping down to my lips. "Then maybe I don't need to use words to explain how you make me feel."

He tilts his head down, closing the small gap between us by bringing his lips to mine. The kiss is slow and passionate. I grip his shirt tight with both hands and pull him closer. Our lips move against each other in a gentle but desperate dance.

When I no longer have any breath left in me, I pull away, gasping. Martell smiles at me, his cheeks flushed, breaths heavy, and eyes dancing.

"I already know how you feel about me, but that--" I don't finish the sentence, unable to think of words to describe the light feeling in my chest.

"I know," Martell responds.

I wrap my arms around his neck and whisper, "I'd like to feel that again if you don't mind,"

"I don't mind," He breathes back.

I press my lips against his again, relishing the feeling of being with him.