Everybody Gets One

"That's enough."

Shinsou had been sitting alone in the common area reading a book when finally his patience had worn thin. He had barely turned a page when an all too familiar presence caused the last string of sanity to snap.

Of course, he hadnt reached this breaking point on his own. He'd gotten help. And that help came in the form of an electric blond boy with eyes that always seemed a little bit too bright.

Those same bright eyes were looking at him innocently as Denki Kaminari made himself at home across the table from where he sat. He smiled sweetly and slid a cup of black coffee across to shinsou.

"What's enough, Hitoshi?"

His voice was sweet. Sickeningly so. And anyone listening would never be able to tell that this was just another piece of a game that Denki had been playing with him for too damn long.

Ever since that damn night-

Shinsou pushed the thought away. It wouldn't help him to start spiraling and pinning the blame. It wasn't the games' fault. It wasn't dad's fault. It wasn't even the damn "Baku squad"s fault. He had known what was happening. And he chose to go along with it because, at the time, there didnt seem to be any harm in it.

It had been stupid and self indulgent. And now it was time to pay the devil his due. And that devil was still patiently waiting for his response. Peeking at him through lowered lashes.

"One."

Denki blinked at him.

"One?" He asked not understanding. 

Shinsou arched an eyebrow at him.
"One chance. You get one date. If you're right we keep going. We will explore whatever it is you think is there. But if not then you have to stop."

Realization had changed the blondes features.

"Deal." He said with a triumphant smile.

Kaminari had won. Little did he know that the prize wouldn't be what he expected it to be.