2

Zane, Nya and Wu are on the docks, doing several different things. Zane is doing what was asked of him, trying to freeze the waves completely without the ice breaking, though he's making slow progress. Nya is watching out over the ocean, wondering why Wu wants her to work on controlling just the tide or just a certain part of the ocean. Surely being able to just drop a giant bubble of water on an enemy should be enough, so why does she need to do this? And why won't the water listen to her?!? Wu himself is watching his two students, aware that Zane is in need of precision and Nya needs to learn control. It will help improve their abilities and skill.

"Master, what's the point of this? I could bring an entire wave down over my enemy, why do I need to learn to control one part or another?"

"Nya, what happens if you bring down a wave and take out one of your allies? If you can not control the area of water where they are, they'll be washed further away and make there way back, during which anything could happen : they could die, because of there absence someone else might get hurt or killed, they might drown. There's also the civilians. They can't take that kind of impact the way an Element master can. If you learn to control certain parts of the ocean, get control over your powers, you will do much better. Just like Zane."

They both look over, the boy has finally managed to get the wave and the beginning of the crest frozen before it breaks, but he's also thinking and changing the way his ice is forming, learning from every mistake. Nya watches, the beginnings of understanding in her chest as she watches her friend work hard to freeze a wave, without his ice breaking.

"I think I understand Master."

Wu backs away, knowing his student has finally understood it. She starts to reach for her element, prepared to start again, when something in the sky catches her attention. She looses her grip and a wave shatters Zane's ice, who looks over aware she was the one who did that, before following her gaze and understanding exactly what she felt. Wu wonders what they could possibly be looking at, that would capture even the attention of his most attentive student, before catching a glimpse of the giant rip in the sky, from which three beams emerge. He can tell it's not a weapon, but beyond that he has nothing.

They watch as the beams head for different places - one towards the volcano and the other somewhere in Ninjago - with one heading right towards them. They go to retreat, not wanting to be hit by whatever this is, except something catches Zane's attention. He had always been a bit better at hearing things most humans could not, so he catches the way it sounds like someone is yelling, obviously trying to catch someone's attention. He turns, looking more carefully at the beam.

He can just barely make out the figures of two people, one wrapped around the other, as if they're trying to take all of the impact on their own. Zane calculates their trajectory, feeling horror rise in him when he realizes they will die no matter what either tries, if they hit at the speed they're going. He turns and hollers " Nya!" at the back of the retreating ninja. She stops and turns to him, confused but more than used to him calling out to her.

"The beam has 2 people! The speed they're going will kill them if they hit! We need to save them and there's nothing my ice can do except speed up their death or injury them. You'll have to catch them with your water, please!"

She hesitates, unsure on whether she can actually do something like that, but there are people in danger and she refuses to let them die just because she doesn't think she can do it. With a grunt in Zane's direction, she hurries back to the edge of the dock, knowing the closeness to her element should help her at least a little bit. She starts to gather water, drawing more and more into a bubble she gathers above the rest of the water, adding more and more, even as her arms start to shake from exhaustion. Just as she thinks she might not have the strength for this, the beam collides with her bubble and instantly starts to slow, finally revealing the 2 men inside.