chapter two

"he's so beautiful."

~~~

"haz, i'm sorry that i had to do that, but i really think it was the right thing. you're not mad, are you?"

harry smiled, spinning around in his desk chair, curls flying in his face. he shook his head at once before remembering that gemma couldn't see him.

"of course not, gem. it was scary at first, but i'm, eh, excited. he sent a driver to be here in an hour!" he spilled giddily.

"that's amazing," she replied, and he could tell she was genuinely both relieved and happy for him. "you're taking the job, right?"

"ehm," he mumbled in response, "i'm not sure yet." his head began to hurt from the dizziness of spinning around so he stopped the chair with his foot, breathing a sigh of relief and leaning back in it.

"harry!" she whined. "i went through all my troubles to find louis tomlinson--louis tomlinson, mind you--and have him call you and you're still not sure?!"

he giggled, vision blurry from his dizziness, which was still fading. "'m sorry, gemma. i like him, though. i'll talk to him about it at the... wherever it is we're going."

"how come you don't know where you're meeting him? and how come you need to be driven by a hired driver--does he know you have a car?" harry groaned, scrunching up his nose at all of the sisterly questions.

"does it matter? i'd probably get lost if i drove myself. and mobbed." he sighed out loud at the thought: mobbed. one of the things he was terrified to experience--if, that is, he took the job.

"can't argue with that," his sister laughed but suddenly his phone had buzzed and he pulled it away from his ear, eyes widening.

"gemma," harry said loudly. "gemma, holy shit! louis sent me a picture!"

"congratulations?" her voice was muffled without him having his phone pressed to his ear, but he wasn't listening anyway.

wish i'd said two hours ! the text message read, and attached was a picture of louis in the mirror, hair fluffy and messy and sticking to his forehead. without a shirt.

"gemma," harry squawked again. "he's so beautiful. god, i can't work with him. too good--he's too good."

not listening to gemma's reply, he shakily typed back, Nope, you promised one! Ps am i allowed to sell this beautiful pic of you online ?
harry grinned at his message, not even noticing that gemma had given up on pulling him back and hung up.

absolutely not ! louis responded in less than a minute. ps, it's your turn !!

harry blushed at the thought of sending louis a picture of himself, but shut down the idea before he could even consider it. he held nothing to any model--never mind louis. yet the more he talked to the beauty, the more certain he became that he would in fact take the job.

No thanks, it's a surprise ;) harry replied to him after realizing he'd been stuck in his own thoughts for a few minutes.

he was constantly giddy about how quickly louis replied to him. that's no fair ! now you know what i look like but i can't know what you look like ??

harry grinned, smugly sending, Already knew what you looked like . i have about 8 pictures of you in my apartment :))) before thinking about how creepy the message probably looked.

was that supposed to be creepy, curly ? or do you naturally keep photos of people hanging around your house ?

he slapped his hand over his mouth, laughing in embarrassment when he read the text. before he could humiliate himself further, though, he froze, eyes suspiciously closing in on the word curly. he immediately hit the call button.