I don't care if I'm forever alone.

Y/n's pov
2:56 pm
December 6, 20xx

You jumped slightly as the door to the dorm opened and looked over your shoulder at the stranger in the doorway. He was looking at you with a mix of shock and disgust.

"Hello! I'm [y/n], you?" You asked kindly watching him take a deep breath and glare at you. "What are you doing in my room." He stated harshly.

You looked at him curiously and answered slowly. "I'm your roommate, and a new student. I'm taking the other room by the bathroom." The man scoffed and sat down next to you setting down his books.

"I'm fine with that as long as you don't talk to me." You laughed at his serious aura and shrugged. "Well okay, but don't expect me to completely ignore you cause if I see you doing any of the normal illegal activities that all these jarheads do, I will report you." You said with a small inhale.

He seemed to look at you with more curiosity and opened his mouth multiple times as if to say something before walking away to his room. Huh. Thats interesting. You let your thoughts wander around the events today before also retreating to your room.

Your room was very simple and had a [f/c] bed set in the corner with a black desk cramped next to it. The room seemed to be cold and uncared for with many of your boxes scattered across the room. You took some of the boxes off your bed and settled down deciding to save the cleaning until tomorrow morning.

Y/n's pov
4:15 am
December 7, 20xx

There was something strange about your roommate. He seemed to hang out with all the people you hated but he seemed to also hate them to the point where he was torturing himself. You really wanted to help him get away from it but you could tell he was only doing this for the girl with a weird obsession with horror. You must admit that Xiao's charming appearance did make your heart beat a little faster but you refused to fall for anyone in this hell hole.

You were insistent on not getting caught in the bullshit that surrounded rumors about love and how good people were in bed. You already had a problem with random girls from this school trying to cling onto you.

You sat down next to Xiao at the small round table in the middle of the cramped entrance and rested your head on your arms. Xiao seemed to barely react to you only giving you a slight glare as you sat.

"Geez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." You joked snickering slightly at Xiao's reaction. He only looked away from you and scoffed. "Well, I better get ready. I'll see you later Xiao!" You rose from the table and walked back to your room.

Y/n's pov
8:03 am
Same day

The room buzzed with noise from the amount of people talking and whispering. Separated into groups the students were left to get their textbooks out but the lack of a professor made the amount of chatter rise beyond an acceptable level.

You blinked your eyes at the clock just hoping that the inevitable click of time would pass sooner. Ding!

As soon as the sound rang out across the hushed silence of the dim and suffocating room a tall, handsome, and knowledgeable looking man walked in gazing at us with his amber eyes.

"Hello class," he started in a deep melodic voice bowing his head slightly. "I'll be your statistics professor."

You could already tell this teacher was going to be popular, but the sound of his lectures make your eyes droop with exhaustion and the desire to fulfill your favorite hobby. Sleeping.

As the class finally ended you decided to use the most of the small break to sit and ponder what you will do after you graduate. You had always thought about the future or the past. Whether it was something excruciatingly embarrassing that you did in high school, or if you'll actually be able to survive in the future.

You often had to remind yourself that the present moment existed and that you should enjoy yourself. But with how things have been so far, you would rather focus on the future rather than the awkward interactions with the other students.

"Oh shit," you muttered to yourself. "I have mathematics next..." you said with a deep exhale standing and walking down the campus.

The day passed quicker than normal after the two worst classes were out of the way and made your way to the dorm until your afternoon classes.

And of course, just because of your luck, Xiao was there. "Hello." He said coldly not even looking up from his laptop. He was sitting in the same place he had been when you left and the only indication that he moved was the arrival of the laptop and the fact that he was wearing different clothes.

"Hi." You said matching his tone before walking away. Maybe he didn't seem like the other jarheads, but you learned long ago to not trust first impressions.

🎉 You've finished reading | 𝐶𝑟𝑢𝑠ℎ 𝐶𝑢𝑙𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒 | Xiao x M!reader | DISCONTINUED 🎉