𝟎𝟗

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

the five sat on the floor, trying to set a time for the plan. everyone except braylen was excited, she was a little nervous.

astoria took notice to her uneasy action and routed toward her. "you good lee?" she questioned and the younger girl shook her head.

"tori they could kill us or some shit." she started, using the nickname that she made up.

"if not, we finna just sit in each others faces soaking up this filthy air." braylen complained and astoria sighed.

"listen boo, i understand the issues that we might face if we fail but you ever stopped to think of what might happen if we succeed." astoria explained.

"we could get out this bitch, we could go back to our lives my nigga. if you want something, you got to want it so bad you ready to do whatever..."

period astoria

braylen huffed and looked at the other girl and started to gaze into her thoughts. she had been under astoria's "care" all the time they'd been there and she knew she was right.

she still kind of didn't want to work with the rest, but she thought of it for her and astoria's sake.

astoria decided she wanted to get reassurance from the rest of the girls.

also, out of her pure heart, and older sister-like ways, she just wanted to check up on 'em.

she first approached jolea, who sat quietly as usual.

"hey lea, you feeling alright?" astoria inquired. "to be honest astro i think i'mma go insane in this hoe.." she responded and astoria laughed at the name.

"how come?" astoria got comfortable next to jolea. "shordy, i am a druggie. shit i'm surprised i haven't went crazy already." jolea responded.

"druggie? like cigarettes?" astoria scrunched her face up.

jolea chuckled. "..nah man."

"weed?"

jolea shook her head and astoria started to think a little harder.

"cocaine?" she asked and jolea looked away from her. "girl what thee fuck-" astoria started.

"girl you need to straighten yo shit out. no shade boo but you live in a world where everybody ready to kill yo unusual ass. outchea' doin crack for shits n giggles, you seventeen living witcho' crack addict daddy, you ain't never supposed to fall in a dumb-asses footsteps remember that."

jolea huffed and astoria gave her a small side hug. "if we get out this bitch, get yourself together. you hear me?" jolea nodded and grinned.

astoria then got up and made her way over to the other girls. she saw my'ani and avona.

my'ani had her head in-between avona's thighs, and they seemed to have worked up a conversation.

a thing that astoria didn't announce to people often was that she had a love interest ability.

almost like the fictional character, cupid, she could feel the love in the air.

"hey y'all, how we feeling?" she questioned and my'ani smacked her lips.

"damn yo ass just gotta ruin a conversation." my'ani mumbled and avona popped her forehead.

"my'ani don't be so damn rude, the fuck's up witchu'?!" astoria lightly chuckled and astoria pushed her from up under her thighs.

my'ani furrowed her eyebrows and walked over to another part of the room.

"i'm so sorry astoria, i'm getting sick of that rude shit sometimes." avona apologized and astoria shook her head.

"it's fine hun." astoria chuckled and put her hand on avona's shoulder.

"anywho, feeling alright or feeling my'ani?" astoria smirked and avona's eyes widened a little bit. "you can tell??" avona prodded.

"clear to a blind man's eye. tension so thick make it hard to breathe. don't get all sprung and forget about getting out this bitch." astoria laughed and avona joined.

"i'll try." avona said.

"if you'll excuse me though, i'mma go confront ya lil girlfriend over there and snap her out of her attitude. you should go talk to ya twin though. give her some of that support." she suggested and avona nodded.

both of the women got up and went to these destined people. "mymyy..." astoria cooed, dragging my'ani's nickname out and got an eye roll as a response.

"i'm sorry i ruined your very interesting conversation with your girlfriend over there. i was just tryna check on y'all." astoria put her hands up in defense.

my'ani broke out of her slight anger and chuckled a little bit.

"i'm sorry for catching an attitude.." my'ani hesitated and astoria nodded.

"now be honest, are you ready for this shit?" astoria asked and my'ani shrugged.

"that ain't gonna work my'ani. you one of our main instruments in this plan, i need you to have some confidence in this shit or all our asses gonna fumble." astoria stated.

"man what if it-" astoria cut my'ani off. "we don't need no 'what ifs' right now my'ani. you either got it or you don't. okay?"

my'ani let out a big sigh and nodded. almost on demand, a buzz from the main door sounded, notifying the girls someone was coming in.

"we know time for bed. hell. we don't need you to come in her telling that shit like we little boo babies." astoria rolled her eyes.

"hush fat-ass i come in here and i say what the fuck i wanna say." a big buff man scolded and astoria's lip trembled, moving to a spaced corner and putting her head in between her knees.

"YOUR MOTHER'S A FAT ASS YOU NASTY BIG UNCOOKED POTATO SKIN LOOKING ASS BROAD THE FUCK. loser ass white man.." braylen lee yelled, defending astoria.

"oh well i'm sorry sweetheart." the man fake apologized and raised his remote and pressed a button, causing braylen lee to fall over to the side and yelp.

avona immediately ran to her aid but stayed silent. soon, the loud electric buzzing stopped, leaving a shaking and crying braylen.

"i don't think i stuttered at first." he chuckled. "night time ladies." he said and left the room. "this is sick as hell, tomorrow y'all!" avona announced.

"tomorrow." they all said in unison. the lights shut off right after, avona took braylen and laid her in her head in her lap, and a silence overcame.

———————
1027 words.

any thoughts about this plan?

thoughts on characters?

chatper 09.5 will be out soon.

grace out!