{ Prologue }

꒰⚘݄₊______________________

 Maybe if I had said something, we wouldn't be like this today. No, even if I hadn't said something we could have been. We had a connection. We've always had a connection. Since we were kids, we have always been connected by an invisible red string. How unfortunate really. I would blame everyone around us but it would be wrong because the truth is, we were both afraid and once we admit to our feelings, it had been too late.

Maybe we are actually cursed and are never to be together. Maybe we have always been stuck in a running away and chasing loop. He loved me and I loved him. No, he loves me and I love him. He was my twin flame and I was his but maybe it's not meant to be in this lifetime.

I could recall when we first met. It was very cliche honestly. I was five and I was playing by the sandbox and two boys came my way. They stomped on my sandcastles and made fun of me. No matter how many times I would build them up, these boys would always knock them down. It was to the point where I tried to hold back my tears but no amount of effort would stop them from streaming down my rosy cheeks. They laughed, "Crybaby crybaby!"

I was wiping the tears away despite not being able to stop my cries, and that was when I hear a boy yell. "Hey what are you doing!" He ran in front of me, blocking me from the other boys.

"That's none of your business!" They told him and pushed him away. The boy couldn't contain his anger and kicked the two other kids. A gasp left my lips, not expecting this boy to go that far as to hurting someone to protect me. They went running, crying to their mothers that a kid kick them as if they hadn't made me cry.

"Seonghwa! Why did you do that!" His mother scolded him as she apologized to the two mothers.

"They were making fun of her," He said, pointing to me. Before his mother could say anything, my mother took me by the hand.

"Sorry for leaving you for a moment. My work called so mommy is taking you home okay." She was about to lead me to the car before I stopped her for a moment. I turned to the kid who had saved me.

"Thank you," I smiled, waved, then left with my mother.

The week after, I had visited the park again, playing with the swings. I hadn't expected to see the kid once more but to my surprise, he sat on the swing next to me. "I'm Seonghwa," He said sweetly. I was happy. Very very happy and I wanted to befriend him.

"I'm Soleil."

Seonghwa. Meaning to become a star or to become someone's star while I, Soliel, was his sun. It's pretty tragic now that I think of it. The sun is a star and so we are one of the same things but we are so different. While I, the sun, appear to light up the day, while he comes out to light up the night. Nobody wants to look at the sun. Look at it for too long and you'll be blinded but the stars, everyone loves to admire. The stars hold many secrets and beauty. And maybe that is our problem. Seonghwa is everyone's star. Everyone notices and admires him. As for me, everyone acknowledges me, but they pretend not to see me. Only the stars could recognize me but we aren't meant to coexist.