Chapter 7

It's been three weeks since that decision was made.

A lot of discussion has been had over...all of it.

For one, although we don't really know anything on the world that the Takahashi sisters were promising to send us to, it was agreed upon that an extreme answer was...unlikely. The chances of us being thrown into a world or a situation like Re:Zero or Dark Souls or Bloodborne or-...you get the idea. Point is, it was slim. And although we weren't expecting a world like Pokemon or NGNL-that was just wishful thinking-we were hoping it was more like a generic Isekai world. You know, the normal situation. Maybe some dungeons, or a corrupt government, rampant racism for little reason, the works. Although...the existence of the 'bondmates' (not the best name for the creatures, but it's the only thing every single one of us could agree on) kind of screws that idea up.

You see, the bondmates knew as much about themselves as we knew about them. They certainly weren't created in this world, and it seemed like this other world is where they were created...but we can't be certain of that yet. What it did tell us was that there was a chance that there were more creatures like them. Whether or not them being attached to us was a special case was something we also discussed. Did everyone in this other world have creatures attached to them like us? Did people have multiple creatures attached to them? How frequently have creatures like these show up in our world? If they have shown up before, why hasn't ANYTHING been said about them? Did they all decide to leave to this new world?

Amongst all of these questions, I received some flak from the other 4 about staying this long. We really didn't have much of a reason to stay, although...some of us REALLY didn't. Family troubles; I won't get into detail here.

School was...interesting, to say the least. Himari and Sakura seemed to make it a point to avoid us. I certainly didn't mind that. As long as I had time to think a little, I was fine with just the five of us. Otherwise it was...oddly peaceful. Kids stopped picking on each other, teachers became more pleasant, and that weird habit that people had-you know, where they didn't treat Luke and I like pieces of shit-only continued. At least, this was all in school. Outside of school...I saw kids being left on the streets, beaten half to death. I tried to help them, call the ambulance and such, but most of the time I was too late. Someone else almost always beat me to it. Well, at least they got the help they needed. But...finals were coming, but if we did leave, then we'd be gone before they started. A bit of an incentive to leave, but the much more peaceful school environment was rather tempting.

...my family wasn't making the decision any easier either. For whatever reason, the last three weeks were argument-free. Considering the habit my siblings and I have of pissing each other off, that was quite the achievement. I...in preparation for IF we leave for this new world, I've been trying to write a farewell letter. I haven't been able to be satisfied with a draft yet. Yes, I've mulled it over a lot with Onyx, but...it really hasn't helped much. She could help a bit, but she seemed to pick up on a few too many of my qualities.

Among qualities are an annoying habit of laziness and a lot of awkwardness.

Which...all things considered, sucks. And it really doesn't help with trying to write a farewell letter to your parents.

Right now, I was sitting at my desk still mulling over a draft...and failing. I just sighed and stood up, grabbing my hoodie.

Where do you plan on going? Came Onyx's question as she hopped onto my shoulder.
Fresh air. Was my only response. I went downstairs to talk to Mom. I told her that I would be going out with Luke, which she said was fine as long as his parents were ok with it. I told her that I had already talked to him about it and it was alright with them. I soon left the house.