24

As Sukuna dismissed the class, you hastily packed your things into your backpack and sighed. You had just received a text message from your manager, asking you to rush over to work because there was a huge influx of people at the bakery.

Great, which celebrity walked in this time? You grimaced. Can't catch a break!

Sukuna noticed your sullen expression, but before he could call you over, you practically ran out of the classroom.

He wished he was taking you to the gala. He had a list of plans for you, but the universe seemed to have other plans. He'd been carrying the box around him every day, waiting for the perfect time to finally present it to you.

Sukuna figured that you'd want it to be memorable. Go big or go home.

Megumi watched your figure disappear from view and glanced at Sukuna who was tidying up his desk. He knew you'd been stressed lately, but thankfully, you seemed to be relaxed around Sukuna. He'd watch the expressions you'd give Sukuna whenever Megumi was around the both of you.

The smiles you give Sukuna are a lot gentler, with a hint of teasing hidden behind the pools of your eyes. Like you and Sukuna were communicating telepathically despite making it seem like there were no one else around the both of you.

Megumi hoped to one day find someone like that. For now, he decided to just focus on making sure you and the rest of his friends are okay, and that his sister, Tsumiki, will one day wake up.

"Oi, Professor," he said, as the students filtered out of the classroom.

Some raised their eyebrows as they exited, shocked that Megumi addressed Professor Sukuna as such.

Sukuna continued to clean up without glancing at Megumi and said, "Congrats, kid. You won what many couldn't."

"Actually... about that--"

"All expenses are done and paid for. I just need your measurements for your suit and we'll be ready for the gala."

Sukuna slung his briefcase over his shoulder and hastily left the classroom. Frustrated, Megumi followed him into the hallway and attempted to get his attention but to no avail, he was no match Sukuna's fast-paced walking.

Megumi cupped his hands, placed them to the sides of his mouth, and yelled, "Give it to her!"

Some lingering students raised an eyebrow at Megumi's sudden outburst but decided it wasn't any of their business and kept walking.

Sukuna stopped in his tracks, faced Megumi, and furrowed his brows. This gave Megumi a chance to continue running up to Sukuna.

"Give it to her," he said, slightly out of breath.

Sukuna's eyes red eyes glowered as he said, "What are you insinuating?"

"The gala ticket. I don't want it."

Sukuna sighed in exhaustion and raised two fingers to his nose bridge, attempting to rid himself of the building pressure.

"Look, I don't know what's going on through your mind right now, but you won fair and square. Your essay was the best and although I want to go with [y/n], she has said that she didn't want any special treatment from me."

"Couldn't you just buy another ticket and the three of us could go together?"

"The tickets are limited in quantity. Unless someone, unfortunately, can't make it or whatever the circumstance, there are no other tickets left to purchase."

"Okay, so I forfeit my ticket to [y/n]. She deserves to go."

Sukuna rubbed his temples, feeling a headache coming.