Prolouge

"Uncle, why are we moving to the province? And why is it so sudden?" Claudette asked her Uncle.

"It's for an important business deal. I'm opening a new Mall". Her Uncle replied.

"But Uncle Nick, Why open a Mall in the Province when you can open a Mall in a place with more target audience like Manila or Quezon". Claudette's twin brother asked with confusion.

"It's because of Competition, why open a Mall in places thats already full with them?" Claudette answered.

It's always have been like this they move whenever their Uncle has something important to attend to. They have no choice but to oblige whenever they're instructed to move to another residence or another city. This is the first time they're moving to the province. It's an experience that they both love and hate. They just learn to accept it. They would've just stayed in Manila if they could.

"Claude, Claudette. I won't be with you in the Province. I'll stay here in Manila". Leaving the twins confused.

"Why Tito? We thought you're doing business there?" Claude asked in disbelief.

"Well... I thought that you kids could spend independent time in the Province. What better time for you to practice being independent when you're in your 10th grade." Uncle Nick replied.

Claudette felt deceived by his Uncle but she can't complain. She just learn to accept it. Afterall, there's nothing she can't do. She doesn't have the authority.

The ride from Manila to Marinduque was roughly almost an 8 hour trip. It's pretty tiring. They could've used their private plane but it is reported that the Airport in Marinduque currently has some technical issues. But atleast they made it home safely despite of the road hazards that they tackled on the way to their 'home'.

The Ancestral house is big. The house looks like it was restored. The floor was shiny. The windows aren't dusty. The beds are made. There are also new clothes inside the dresser. The House is a typical ancestral house with a base made out of cement and with a second floor made entirely of wood with a vibrant red roof. For Claudette's taste.. It is okay. Atleast her room is different from Claude's.

"I won't lie... I was skeptical about this this provincial thing but now, I enjoy this." Claude as he sat at the chair close to the window.

"Nag eenjoy ka Lang dahil may aircon and wifi." Claudette replied while looking at the window.

"Harsh, may dalaw ka ba?". Claude playfully banter.

"I'm going to explore this place. I can't stand you right now Claude." Claudette was clearly offended but it's true, it is her time of the month. Claudette took the keys and drove off.

Claudette decided on driving to Mogpog. The town closest to Boac in which they live. Claudette find it relaxing to drive while listening to her favorite song which is 'Angeleyes' by Abba. There's something about it that make her feel so calm. She admired everything she sees. It's so different from what she's used to. The sorroundings feels so alive. She hate to admit it but she prefers this than the bustling city. It's more peaceful and quiet.

But like all good things, it must come to an end. Claudette was far out of her mind that she didn't noticed that a biker suddenly took a turn towards her. She panicked making her swerve almost hitting a tree while the biker chaptered. Claudette went pale. She went outside of her car to see if anything was damaged.