Looking at the Sky, live from the Bar

J jogged down her beer while I was staring at the sky for the past 6 minutes(according to her). Seeing my face relaxed, she asked right away "Which one?".

"Anger."

She doesn't understand how I do it but she knows that it can get me to peace like nothing else. Exactly why she chose this bar. While I reconciliate, she gets drunk. Just what we both want!

One thing you need to know about J is that, even if you get her drunk like hell, her instincts and reflexes work perfectly fine. "The guy at 2.30 has been staring at you for quite some time" - I informed.

"It's you!" ~ too casual. 

"He's gay?" 

"Nope, an artist, most probably searching for his next masterpiece."

The waiter came and asked "Sir, what do you want?"

"Nope, we're full. Thanks."

"Umm. Okay."

The guy walked over to us and asked for our permission to sit with us. He then asked what was so intriguing about the sky for me. J rolled out her eyes, AGAIN.

There used to live a psychiatrist across my house. He always said that all the emotions a human could ever feel can be seen by them reflecting on other things, like water, fire, smoke, soil, sky, anything. Discovering that and giving yourself to it can calm you down. I don't know about the other things but sky works for me every time. It reflects my emotion exactly, watching it's moving clouds, changing light and richness with stars can help me find the answers I need.

"What do you mean the clouds and all help you find the answers? Just because he's an artist, doesn't mean that he would swallow your whole sky crap. "

"Well cooking up this crap was a task, you could have praised me instead."

"Haha. You are lucky that he's dumb. His jaw dropped before you even reached the end."

Arman interrupted saying " You people are the best siblings I have ever seen. You guys talk even with your eyes. You both have got the best connection between you."

The mood changed between us immediately.

"How do you know we're siblings? I don't remember seeing you before, ever!" , her doubt was obvious and it stroke me too.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"I don't know you. A guy in a black suit told me that if I would come with him, he would show me a guy lost in sky with his sister, perfect for a sketch and twenty euros. And I was like 'Sweet'. Gosh, he's taking too long. "

"Where did he go?" J

"Too long? Too long for what?" Me

"He wanted to have a peaceful smoke."

"I'll go have a look."

"Okay. She asked you a question, where did he go?"

"Oh, he left the pub."

"I know he...."

"Roshan. There he is."

"What!"

J ran towards him while he was walking slowly on the pavement with a cigarette. I pushed open the door and followed J. He turned at the corner to his right and five seconds later, I too took the right to bump with a fat 5 feet Caucasian guy. My head was aching. The guy stared at me with agony. I got up and said sorry (therapy worked). I saw J staring at the traffic at the next corner right in front of me. I walked to her side holding my head. When I almost got near her, I heard a cry from behind "Catch that thief." I saw a guy running towards me. I caught him red-handed, but the people who gathered caught my collar. They asked me for the fat guy's wallet. I told them I did't have it. A police officer walked into the scene and enquired. He checked me and found nothing. He asked me for an id and I didn't have anything. J too left hers at the quarters. I told him that we had come here as part of a scholarship. He asked me to go with him to the station and wait till anyone appeared for me.

I told J to get her id while I called our team head. The station was quite noisy as I expected. He took me to an empty cell. The whole day had got me drowsy, I think. I sat at one corner and dozed off.

3 years before.

"Hey J, did they tell anything about sending a car?"

"Well, I don't think he's expecting us to fly."

The door bell rang. Inspector had sent a car to pick us.

"I don't think we will be flying today."

J laughed. We picked uncle on the way.

"Uncle, we're here because..."

"Just shut up Roshan, what's the case uncle?"

"Male 50-year old, missing since morning. His wife 40-year old called the police after she couldn't find him anywhere."

We reached the house. The lady opened the door hearing the doorbell.

"Police!" uncle said.

"Come in. Make yourselves home."

"Ma'am, are you okay?" J

"I'm fine. Thank you"

J signalled me a nod, "Can you recount your day? "

"..... I was in the garden taking care of the plants. Sarah left to get..."

"Who's Sara?" I asked.

"Servant. She went to get a spade from the warehouse. I called out for him and he didn't answer. I walked into the kitchen, drank some water. I came to the hall to find him in his usual spot reading newspaper and instead saw the glass table broken. I was shocked and checked the whole house. I couldn't find him."

"Can we take a look?" J asked.

She nodded. The servant placed the coffee on the dining table. We both got up. J chose the broken table. I took the kitchen, and then the garden. Uncle continued his questions, while J checked their bedroom. 

"Is there anyone besides you two living here?" me

"Our daughter used to, but she moved out."

J scanned through the photo gallery very quick. "Adopted?" 

"She's OUR kid." 

We looked at each other and went upstairs.