🔓School🔓

Before we start, your dad finally got custody over you over your mom, Scarlet, about 1 year ago. You moved into the Addison Apartments with him and your dog, Harley. Also I'm gonna be calling Sal's prosthetic a mask, for the sake of it being too long 😟👍🏼

"AHH" I let out a scream shooting me straight up...it was just a dream. My scream asked to wake up my dog too...she shot her head up in the air looking at me.

"It's okay Harley..." I scratched behind her ears as she laid her head back down on her paws.

I looked over at my phone, 5:50 am. Right on time, I had to be at school by 7:12. I stood up, reached out my arms and yawned grabbing my phone and going to the bathroom.

I turned off airplane mode, and immediately my texts started flowing in. From friends and...my mom. I scoffed.

My dad, Rodney, had gotten full custody of me, over that crappy "mother" about a year ago. I thought I had blocked her but oh well, I opened her text.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scarlet

Hey baby!!! Good luck in school and make your mama proud!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I let out a sigh. I didn't bother to text back, instead I checked my other texts and then got dressed.

"Morning hun!" My dad greeted me from the kitchen where he had made breakfast.

"Hey dad"

"You okay? You don't sound well."

"Scarlet texted me..."

"Oh...that son of a b-"

"It's fine dad, I just didn't really expect it..especially this early in the morning."

"Okay..well here eat up so you won't be sick." He smiled sliding the plate towards me.

I finished eating and grabbed my backpack, heading out the door. Larry stood right in front of the door about to knock, "AHH-" he screamed like a little girl!!

"STOP SCREAMING!!" We heard from whoever lived next to me, this made us laugh, Larry had to cover his mouth.

"SORRY!!" I yelled back.

"D@MN KIDS!" This time we heard footsteps approaching that door, so we took off running and slamming the elevator buttons as we quickly jump in before my neighbor could reach us....

What we didn't realize was that Lisa, Larry's mom, was also in the elevator...and she was NOT happy.

"Well...since you two think it's so funny to scream your heads off THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING, I think you will enjoy helping me clean after school! Y/N your dad has already agreed that if you cause any trouble, I can put you to work." She crossed her arms looking at the both of us, her voice was stern and not as pleasant as it usually is.

I looked over at Larry who shrugged, guess there was nothing I could do about it..I nodded.

"Yes ma'am." I said with my head down.

"Now get to school." She gently pushed us out the elevator once we reached the lobby.

"Well there's that." Larry sighed...to be honest I didn't mind cleaning, but we all had plans after school.

Ash and Sal stood outside shivering in the cold, Sal had earmuffs on and Ash had about 3 jackets + a cardigan underneath.

"14 DEGREES?! WHAT KIND OF SCHOOL MAKES US GO TO SCHOOL IN THAT WEATHER?!" I threw my arms up in the air shoving my phone back in my pocket.

"That's Nockfell for you." Sal sighed as he shivered more.

I nodded...it was silent.

"Cmon Y/N don't be so down it's just school."
Ash said wrapping her arm around me.