Curiosity (Julannah)

Alannah's Point of View
When I first came here, Kiana and Emily were my first friends. Kiana was kind enough to take me in and now I am living on Earth. I don't know why I thought I was safe, but now this "Skeleton King" wants to ruin this "prom" event. There's a girl that I have met not too long ago, and I'm interested in her.
She appears mysterious to me, in which I can't help but be curious as to what surprises she contains. She looks grumpy, but that's because she's cursed with a talking sword "Blade", which takes away her patience and peace. She is kind though, and helps people out from time to time. I've heard the phrase, "Curiosity kills the cat", but if I was the cat, being curious to learn about her doesn't seem to have killed me...

"June! Hey!" I wave to her, smiling. She peeks her head out of her locker and greets me back with a simple "Hey Alannah" before closing her locker.

"Do you want to head to the skunk with me? We're going to the same place after all."

"Sure, let's go. You know the way?"

"Yep!"

"Alright."

As June and I walked down the alley that led to the skunk, silence overwhelms us.

...

"Sooo.. what is this 'prom' event?" I question.

"Prom is an event where you go to celebrate making it through your last year of high-school." She looks at me, explaining it.

"'Making it through?'"

"Yeah, like surviving through the fiery pits of hell of SCHOOL!" Blade butts in. June doesn't seem to mind and nods in agreement. "Basically, yeah, but no one dies... They may fail passing, but no one dies."

"I see."

"THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK! People die from many unexpected things, Alannah!" Blade sneers. June groans. "Blaaade, don't scare her like that."

I watch them bicker for the rest of the way to the skunk. It's pretty entertaining. Once we get to the skunk, Emily greets us both and, just for a moment, I felt June's attention change from me to her completely before Kiana makes her way to pull us into discussion with the other girls.

The passing days, June and I walk together to the skunk and chat on the way there. I learn about her every day. I ask her about human stuff and she answers me in the best way possible, even if some questions of mine seem stupid, but she assures me that it's not. Blade can make comments but I don't mind. Sometimes, she asks me about myself. It makes me feel closer to her for me to be able to talk about myself and where I came from to her. Honestly, I think I want to take her to prom.

Another day came by, and as I was walking with June I asked her, "Are you thinking of taking anyone to prom?" I saw her surprised expression before she started to blush a bit.

"Err.. Yeah, maybe." She scratches the back of her head.

She's cute. "Are you suree it's just a maybe?" I smile at her and she looks at me, starting to get embarrassed.

"Um- I don't think they'd want to go with m-"

"She wants to take Emily to prom!" Blade suddenly cuts into the conversation.

Emily?

"BLADE!" June's blush increases as she starts talking to Blade, but I can't hear them clearly. I was too into my head to pay attention to them. June wants to take Emily to prom? Suddenly, all the times where they were talking, the way June smiled and stared at her with sparkling eyes, how June was so comfortable around her, and how she was so happy, made me realize of what was going around me. Slowly, I grew to understand the fact that June likes Emily... and not me.

"Alannah? Hey, Alannah?" June's voice snapped me back to my senses. "You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah! I'm fine."

"Okay, we're here now."

As we step foot into the skunk, I immediately slipped away from June's side to join the others. I didn't want to see how June's face changed when she's with Emily. I think I'd cry if I do. I get it now. Curiosity doesn't kill me, the cat, it's just the feeling that feels like I am.