Chapter two: Powerful surges

"Bloom....." 

I felt a cold hand press against my head, probably a fly. I tried to swat it away but it just wouldn't budge!

"Bloom. Hello Sweetie....." I heard a distant, soft, voice calling out to me, gently. It reminded me of someone...

I peeled open my drowsy eyes, yet I was still surrounded by the darkness of dreamless sleep. However there was something off about it.... it felt like I was falling, but through water that was scorching hot, burning my pale skin.

My body was in pain, I could feel the heat it almost melting me

As I fell deeper into the depths of the darkness, I once again felt that powerful surge of power move throughout my body at a very fast pace. The very same one I had felt last night. It felt like it was crawling under my skin, but the feeling was oddly calming...?

"Oh Sweetie, are you alright?"

Oh, I know that gentle voice.

I, yet again, found myself slowly peeling open my eyes and waited for them to adjust to the brightness of the room, I stretched out my arms, making the bones crack. I winced at the sound, yet i snuggled back into the comfort of my warm bed.

"Hey Flora, everything alright?" I asked, while sitting up and rubbing my head, "Damn it hurts so much" I muttered to myself,

"No Bloom, look at you! You were having a horrible nightmare and you are sweating pints over here. Before I came to check on you, you were calling out to someone in your dream, but i don't know who it was" Flora explained, as she brought me a steaming cup of her fresh herbal tea.

I took a sip, it was like a rainbow had been liquefied, it was absolutely delicious. I felt myself become refreshed immediately, like I could fight the Trix more than once

"Mmm, thanks flora. These drinks always bring me to my senses" I hummed, and she smiled in reply, twirling a strand of her hair.

"Come on then Bloom, everyone else is waiting, we do have classes to attend" She told me, in a cheerful manner before leaving our room.

I stood up, and pulled on my usual attire. As I stumbled around my messy room, I caught sight of myself in the mirror. 

Despite having a bad start to the day, I must admit I do brush up quite well! My lovely blue and yellow crop top sat nicely on my chest, my tight blue jeans definitely complimented my legs, and my ankle killing sandal heels thankfully added to my painfully small height, then I went to brush my hair.

I skipped through the dorm, almost slipping on Kiko, and grabbed a small red apple and ran out of the room. I was aware of the bags under my eyes and horrible knots in my hair that hadn't been brushed out, but by now I think the professors are used to seeing the Winx' being untidy.

I am already awaiting my fate with Stella, I can hear it now! "Why do you look like you hung out with stormy!" Or "Were you hanging out with Lord Darkar again?"

Come to my funeral everyone! Open invitation!

"Bloom!" an all-familiar voice boomed throughout the main school corridor, making other students heads turn in curiosity, making my cheeks flush with embarrassment. I continued fast-walking onwards, keeping my head down, hoping to bring less attention to myself....

"what is going on with you! You look like you've been dragged through cloud tower backwards!" Stella shrieked, as she came towards me like a bolt of lightning. Her hands grasped and pinched at my face, making it sore and red,

"Sorry Stell, I just got a horrible night's sleep!" I replied, backing away slightly, a guilty grin plastered on my face. You'd think by now there would be steam coming out of her ears