Coincide

Konnichiwa minna-san! It's been a long time! Hope the ending won't disappoint you!

Author's Note: The Author does not own "Lovely Complex". Aya Nakahara-san owns it.

Warning: OOC-ness on characters :P

Chapter 5: Coincide

"I am stupid.." Koizumi whimpered, catching her breath. "Why I made an outburst like that?" She found a bench and sat there. She relived what happened earlier. Words of Otani were thrown back to her like a whirlwind..

".. I thought we are friends.."

".. You used to be my side.."

"And now, you start to drift away.."

Why did Otani say that? What else, Risa? He sees you as a friend. A friend only. Why can't you put that thought in your brain? Are you that stupid? You can't understand simple language? 

Truthfully, although Otani's presence in the goukon annoyed her, she was relieved he was there. She thought maybe, there's a hope for them. That maybe, Otani's feelings for her is morphed to become what she felt for him. Turns out, she realized with a frown, he considered her as someone he is familiar with. Someone labeled as a 'habit'.

"Now, he will think I am a loser," as she said those words, tears were sliding off her cheeks.

On the other side of spectrum, Otani was left there standing outside the Karaoke bar. The recent events kept on rewinding in his mind like a movie reel.

Why did I say that? What's going in with me? Am I getting crazy? It was like I don't want her to be taken away from me! It was as if I am her boyfriend! What's going on with you, Atsushi? 

Getting no answers, he started walking..

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Monday came and everything was okay. Well, that's an understatement. Although no fights ensued between Otani and Risa, lunch among them was awkward. Although they are conversing, it looks robotic. . and restraint. Unlike before they were bickering even in most non-sensible things, now they were conversing in one-question-one-answer manner. Their friends were thinking that the issue between them is still fresh, so they let it slide for a meantime. Moreover, they are adults, they are bestfriends! Surely, they can do something about it. They don't want to meddle, for now. Friday came, and Nobu-chan can no longer bear it. They, including Chiharu-chan, were walking towards the gym. She snapped at Koizumi.

"Risa! Let's talk! What's with you and Otani? It's been almost a week! Surely you two could fix whatever's happening between the two of you!"

"But, Nobu-chan it's complicated.."

"Yes, I know, from the begining it's complicated! Falling in love with your bestfriend and this bestfriend like another? Yes, it is complicated."

"Urgh Nobu-chan, don't rub it on my face."

Nobu-chan snapped at her once again. "Grr... Risa!" she growled, growing as if she gains 5 feet. Chiharu on the other hand, tried to pacify the sandy-haired friend. "If you have time to be like that, you must have time to fix this! Putting aside this love thing, we are all friends at first place! Don't compromise friendship because of love. We, your friends, are affected, you know. We are all worried on both of you. We don't want to break our friendship. We both love you, you know that, right?"

"You don't know anything, Nobu-chan! You did not experience this kind of set-up! You never fell in love to someone, and he is your bestfriend!" Tears were starting to fall, that made Nobu calmed down and comforted her. Chiharu ran to her side, too, rubbing her back, easing her. "You didn't know how hard it was, seeing him looking to another, trying to convince yourself that one day, he will finally look at you that way... Someday... Soon... Someday..."