Chapter 14

I entered Bellas house, already being able to hear her yelling from upstairs.

I entered her room, looking around. I drawled out, "Wow."

Clothes were scattered all over her room and she was lying face down on her bed. She spoke even though it was muffled, "I have too many clothes and not enough suitcase space."

I sat down beside her as she pushed herself up on her elbows. I patted her hair down and told her, "It's only for the weekend, you'll be fine."

She sighed while standing up, starting to fold clothes and put them in her suitcase. She paused and looked at me, "I'm so excited for tomorrow. It's gonna be so much fun!"

I smiled at her, although I was actually a little nervous. I can't get the picture of Claudia out of my mind. Casper has texted me a few times today, but I haven't answered. I want to ask him about it, but I'm also scared of the answer. What if it's another girl that he's wanting to date?

Which would be fine. Because we aren't dating. And he's free to do whatever he wants with anybody else.

"Okay, I'm done," She declared, putting her suitcase down on the ground.

I got in the bed beside her, laying down. Casper and Detroit were coming to pick us up in the morning, but Casper demanded to take a different car without Detroit and Bella. Butterflies filled my stomach as I drifted off, both nervous and excited for tomorrow.

--------

The second a knock came from the front door, Bella basically ran down the stairs. I grabbed our suitcases, struggling to get them down the stairs.

One was suddenly lifted out of my hands and I looked up, seeing Casper there. He said, "Careful darling."

He carried it to the bottom of the stairs and then also took the second one from me. I thanked him as we walked outside, putting Bellas in Detroits trunk and mine in Caspers. I started to walk to the passengers side door when Casper walked in front of me, blocking my way.

He held out one of his sweaters and said, "Put it on."

"I'm not cold."

"Right now you aren't. But we're going to a cottage in early December, you will get cold."

I hesitated before taking it and putting it on. I got in and he walked around the car, getting into the drivers seat. Bella and Detroit left before us by a few minutes, but I put the address into Caspers GPS.

"I was texting you yesterday. You didn't answer," He said while glancing at me.

I shrugged, "Yea, sorry. I was busy packing with Bella."

"I missed you."

His words made my cheeks warm and my stomach do a flip. But then I remembered Claudia. 

I crossed my legs together and leaned my head against the window, shutting my eyes. Nearly a second later he asked, "Are you sleeping?"

"Mhm," I replied, keeping my eyes shut. It was only an hour drive, I just didn't know what to say.

A few minutes went by when I suddenly felt the car stop, making me sit up and open my eyes. We were parked in front of a diner, making me furrow my eyebrows together.

I turned to look at him when he said, "I didn't get to talk to you yesterday, so no way you're sleeping. Come on, let's get something to eat."

I couldn't even respond before he got out of the car and started walking towards the diner. I sat there for a moment before shaking my head and getting out of the car, running to catch up with him.