Chapter Nine- Part 2

Warnings: None to note.
Author's Note: Um... so I had to split that one chapter in to three parts lol. I thought it would be kind of weird if this chapter was way longer than the previous one. Also, What do you guys think about me drawing out each outfit the characters wear so you can visualise it better? It would be kind of fun for me as well.
Anyways, as usual, please comment and vote and enjoy! 😌

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

The guard tightened his grip on you, dragging you through the hallway once more.

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Your eyes drank in the beguiling majesticness of the palace greedily, with its high ceilings and rows of painstakingly carved wooden doors. Glimmers of gold and shimmers of silver greeted you from every nook and cranny, walls painted white with flecks of emerald.

The floors were decorated with red- backed paintings of a brilliant orange phoenix, each feather detailed in gold, yellow beak sharp, eyes wise and half closed, and a ferocious dragon, green as grass, wings outstretched, red tipped scales striking, mouth open, roaring. Not unlike the lion cub sleeping beside it, covered with pure gold, small mane as black as a crow's body.

Your lips stretched into a slight smile. As a self-taught artist, you were able to suitably admire each meticulous brushstroke and the flawless shading. Your eyes wandered up, and you froze in your tracks.
Holy shiitake mushrooms...

The ceiling had rendered you speechless.

An inverse dome, in the shape of an opened
lotus—each petal sculpted to perfection, painted delicately with a dazzling array of pink, purple, red and maroon.

Each petal had a small symbol on the tip- the same lion cub, but now with phoenix wings and a dragon's spiked tail.
How unusual.

The entire structure was probably enormous, but the ceiling was so high, the lotus seemed merely the size of a dinner plate. Criss cross caramel coloured curves overlapped each other outside the lotus, each point holding a miniscule crown. This was all inside a small circle.

A bigger circle with clay pressed designs inside bordered it, strips of each colour of the rainbow outlining each section. The whole ceiling had small sun designs, the colour of sand, imprinted on it, as well as twisting branches of a cherry blossom tree, the pink flowers slightly pale against the lotus.

You were hypnotized by the enticing beauty of the palace, feet rooted to the ground, mouth open in awe. You could almost hear a heavenly choir in the background.
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝