𝑣𝑖𝑖. ɴᴏᴛ ʜɪᴅɪᴏᴜs

ɴᴏᴛ ʜɪᴅɪᴏᴜs
𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑟

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴏғ sʜᴀɴ ʏᴜ ᴡᴀʟᴋᴇᴅ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ grass with Carlos, speaking with him on her recent accomplishment of getting an A on her math exam

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ғ sʜᴀɴ ʏᴜ ᴡᴀʟᴋᴇᴅ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ grass with Carlos, speaking with him on her recent accomplishment of getting an A on her math exam. Their smiles were wide, but they were interrupted as Evie and Mal came running towards them.

"What's going on?" Sam asked, looking back and forth between Mal and Evie, Carlos doing the same.

"Sorry to interrupt this cute moment." Evie smirked, as Carlos looked to the ground with a smile, Sam's face turning a light pink. "But we need to go now."

"Why?" Sam asked again.

Mal looked at Evie, rolling her eyes."It's not a big deal-"

"Ben asked Mal on a date!" Evie squealed, causing Sam to laugh, also looking at Mal's embarrassed face. "She needs her girls to help her, let's go!" Evie took Sam by the arm, attempting to drag her away.

Sam quickly turned to Carlos. "We're meeting at five thirty right?" She questioned.

"Yeah. Enchanted Forrest." He smiled, excited for their date.

Sam smiled back at him, still trying to fight off Evie pulling her. "Okay I'll see you- Evie!" Sam waved goodbye as Evie pulled her harshly. Carlos shook his head as he walked away.

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟs sᴀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴅᴏʀᴍ, ᴇᴠɪᴇ doing Mal's makeup as Sam was tasked with fixing her beautiful yet messy hair

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟs sᴀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴅᴏʀᴍ, ᴇᴠɪᴇ doing Mal's makeup as Sam was tasked with fixing her beautiful yet messy hair. She only flat-ironed it, adding bumpy curls at the ends so it won't look bone straight.

"Okay. Easy on the blush. I don't want to scare him away. Not that I could." Mal laughed nervously, feeling Evie stroke upwards with the blush.

Evie laughed slightly. "Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk." Evie stated, sipping the brush in the makeup again, before applying it on Mal's face once more. "Always use upward strokes."

"I see why Sam's hair always looks good." Mal laughed, less tensed up than the first laugh.

Sam watched her with a smile as she put the flat-irons away. "I picked up some tips. I may be a warrior, but I'm still a lady that has to look good." The group laughed, Sam sitting on her bed.

Mal sighed. "My mom was never really big on tips. I never had a sister." She smiled, her tense state coming and going.

Evie closed the makeup, and set the brush down. "Well, now you do. You have two of them actually." Evie smiled, looking Mal in the eyes. "We're going to need all the family we can get If we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White." Evie joked, causing laughs to leave Mal and Sam, one less stiff than the other.

"Are you afraid of her?" Mal asked Evie, considering Sam didn't have a mother.

Evie let out a troubled sigh, trying to word her answer. "Sometimes." she simply said. "Are you afraid of your mom?"

Mal's eyes looked to the two girls, who had seemed to be listening intently. Her eyes went to the ground. "I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And sh... yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me... In her own way." Mal turned to look at Sam. "What about you, S?"

"Hm?" Sam looked at Mal.

"Are you afraid of your dad?"

Sam wouldn't call her praise for her dad fear. Even though it was plain fear.

Her father became aggressive with her. One slip up, and it's over for her. She constantly felt like she was on the tip of pressure, because she was his only child. He covered it up, saying it was to teach her about the hardships of the cruel world they were blessed to live in, but she knew it was for his personal gain of getting out of the isle and starting mischievous tasks. She wanted to make him proud for the longest.

She sighed. "That's a conversation for another day."

Evie and Mal nodded, realizing she didn't want to talk about it. Evie stood, taking Mal to the mirror by the beds. As Mal saw her reflection, she smiled deeply. "I look..."

"Say it." Evie smiled as well.

"Not hideous." Mal and Evie let out a breathless chuckle as Sam watched with a smile.

"Not even close." Sam stated, making Mal smile. Their moment was interrupted when a knock in the door sounded loudly. Mal went to open the door, seeing Ben in a Auradon styled biker jacket, with a wide smile on his face.

Ben looked at Mal in the eyes. "For the first time, I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful." Mal smiled awkwardly as Ben spoke. "I hope you like bikes."

As soon as the couple walked out of the door, Evie shut the door and locked it once again, before turning to Sam, realizing she had gone silent for too long. She saw Sam with a sad expression.

Smiling sadly, Evie walked over and sat down. She laid her friends head on her lap, stroking her black hair as she sighed sadly.

"I know, Sam. I know." Evie soothed.

"I didn't even get to meet her." Sam frowned, messing with the ring on her finger. " After I was born, she was gone. Left without looking back."

"You don't need your mom, Sam." Evie lifted Sam's head off her lap. She held Sam's face in her hands."You have friends who are here for you."

Sam smiled at Evie, thankful for her. She nodded, understanding the girl, before Evie removed her hands from Sam's face, looking at her with a smirk.

"Now, let's get you ready for your date."

Sam's eyes widened.

i'm not writing the date bc i'm lazy :/