chapter three: mējika

{

khair gets introduced to the fae dimension. its a long chapter! lot's of world-building, but this chapter foreshadows much of the plot!! 

 i included a summary of the things you should know at the end of the chapter if ur too lazy to read the details hahaha (i get you).

i believe good plot/backstory and tension makes the smut so much better, but don't worry, in the next few chapters we meet an important person and will have some spice ;)

}

Khair's brows furrowed in confusion. She was starting to realize that she didn't step into a normal book store. The woman in front of her gazed at her expectantly, her features earnest as if she had asked a Khair 'What type of book are you looking for?'.

"Pardon, what did you ask?" 

The woman let out an exasperated sigh.

"Come on, let's not waste time, we have much to go over," And with that the lady moved from behind her desk, hurriedly rushing towards Khair, wrapping her boney fingers around Khair's smooth wrist, dragging her towards the back of the shack. Khair wasn't sure if it was curiosity or fear that drove her to follow the woman. 

Passing through velvet curtains, the pair entered a back room that seemingly did not fit into the square footage of the shack. Had this room always been there and was simply hidden away, Khair wondered.

A few candles lit the room, their flickering flames providing dim lighting. A large mahogany table stood in the center, many pages and letters were strewn over top of it, a few with golden wax seals whose nationality Khair could not place.

The woman let go of her wrist and thrusted her in the direction of a chair at the table.

"Sit."

Cautiously, Khair pulled out the chair and lowered herself into it, taking a closer look at the various leaflets in front of her. Leaning forward, she eyed a particularly ancient-looking one, its corners curled in as if burdened with years of water damage. Picking it up and bringing it close to face, Khair peered at it, trying to discern the unmistakable foreign language which was written upon it. In the middle of trying to sound out the first word, the piece of paper was snatched from her fingertips by the woman who was now seated across from her at the table.

Shoving in one of the many pockets fashioned on her garment, the lady introduced herself finally, her voice cracked and rugged with old age, a sickly sweet tone.

"I am Bagra." She announced, looking at her expectantly.

Okay... 

What was she to do with this information?

Tentatively, Khair replied, "Good day Bagra, my name is Khair."

Immediately Bagra waved her hand, shooing off her introduction.

"Of course, I already know that."

Hm? She what?

"Then I'm curious as to why have you brought me back here?" Khair tapped her fingers against the table.

"I already informed you why." Bagra deadpanned.

"You're referring to the other dimension, and my desire to visit this place?" 

"Yes."

"What is this place? Is it a foreign country? Perhaps across the Ariatik Sea? Rather, what the fuck is a dimension?" Khair searched for straws.

Getting annoyed, Bagra snapped, "Be quiet you insolent girl, and listen."

Khair shut her mouth.