Bad habits

"The day I finally step closer to you,

You just move 10 steps away."

--

What is it like, to have someone to admire? What's the feeling of getting heart broken before anything even happened? I didn't know that, apparently. I could only watch my friend cry his heart out everytime he mentioned that one person, but pretend everything is okay and smile on the next day. Something that everyone should know, was that Life is never going to be fair. 

--

"Ready for the maths test today?" A familiar voice reached my ears. 

I looked up only to see the blonde headed boy glancing down at me with that lope-sided smile. I can't believe how he does this. I smiled back, and shook my head right after, and worry slapped me in the face like a bitch. There was this one thing about me, I get worried about stuff a lot. This is why I have this friend of mine right here, carefree as ever. 

" You'll pass, don't worry." He said and faced front as we both sat down infront of our lockers loccated right outside of the empty corridors. It's like he read my mind. I said nothing but continued to stare at him. He had a really chic appearance, everyone thinks he's cold but you could not judge a book by it's cover. Inside, he was like a porcelain doll. Living and warm, but fragile in everyway. He laughs a lot, but he only shows his emotions to one of  his closest friends. And being the lucky bastard that I am, I am one of them. I am Seon Sun Jeong. 

" Easy to say than done you know." I eyed him.

" It's not like you ever fail anything anyways." He snorted and turned away with a faint smile, but soon turned expressionless.

I knew that face, that face when he sees her. Being the hopeless romantic he is, he always starts imagining the great of spending his life time with that particular person. It was a regular routine, but whenever he sees her, the thought of  ' She will never like me back,' dawns on him as fast as he dismisses it right after. That is how pathetically in love he is. He was strong, I knew that, but he was stubborn too. That determination never falters even if she denied and rejected him countless times. His special someone is known as Park Min Hee. 

She wasn't a bad person, no. 

Not like any typical sappy romance dramas, she wasn't a stuck up pretty little bitch. She was never a bad person. She was the most wonderful person you could've ever met. Plus, she's shy. She was the best candidate as a potential girlfriend. As Sehun has thought. She was a wonder-wench*. I am a friend of hers, we talk but we don't hang out all that much. 

And there goes the daily routine of Oh Sehun, to stare at the girl who is retrieving her books from her locker at the opposite of the corridor in such awe. I only sighed. This was normal, a habit almost. As the 'greatest friend ever', I gave him advices, understood his problems and listened to him ramble on and let him use me as an excuse if Min Hee ever looks in his direction. His expressions always amuse me. His face would flush a light pink tint. Although it was almost invisible but still, it was hillarious.

Sometimes I wonder what exactly is in his mind. Sure we joke around a lot and he has guy friends but still, his number one priority was Min Hee. Everything else with an exception of his life and his family, came after Min Hee. I might sound like a jealous girlfriend right now, but this is how Sehun's life have been during the past 3 years of non-stop tormenting. By tormenting, I meant the emotional strain on his poor little heart. Min Hee was a friend of ours, she was in the same class as us. She does have quite a number of admirers including Sehun, but it seems like her heart only sets on one of them. His name was Luhan, from the next class. It was very obvious that they both like each other but they never did confirm anything because they're just too shy. It's so adorable.

If it weren't for Sehun I would be shipping MinHan right now. I can't do that. I can't leave Sehun alone with his thoughts. I'm afraid.... Afraid that one day he can't stand those bottled up feeling anymore and do something unadvised.

We waved at Min Hee as she turned around and acknowleged our presence. The moment she smiled and walked to Heyne, a close friend of  mine and also MinHee's, I knew what was already going through Sehun's mind. His brain would turn into a colourful chaos. I nudged him to snap out of it. And because he was so dazed, he thought I hit him for my own entertainment, therefore initiating our daily little chase around the hallways. It wouldn't be a normal school day if me and Sehun don't start a Tom & Jerry skit. Well, I guess that could take his mind off Min Hee for awhile. See how much I sacrifice for this dumbass romantic here? 

Not that I mind. 

We soon separated ways when our other friends arrived. He quickly ran to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, the rather hyper active and lively ones in our class. As I walked to Heyne and my other good friend, Hyo Sung. I knew what they were thinking. They always had this thought about me and Sehun being 'Scandalous' but there was really nothing going on between us. I don't really care what we do and how people look at us but hey, friends be friends. We tend to joke around a lot. In public. I guess that's why they're coming up with these conclusions. 

"So... What was that?" Minjung asked.

"What was what?" I questioned back , acting as innocent as I could.

And all she did was eye me and said 'fine' to end this. 

As I said, everything was done on daily basis. I wonder if this would continue until I graduate. I guess I won't be able to get a boyfriend at this rate. But I promised Sehun, that I would help him. 

I promised.

And I have a regulation that I will follow no matter what. It was if I ever promised someone something, I will fulfil it.

At the perks of how everything is going on, it's going to take me some time before I could fully fulfil this promise.

--

Author note: 

Real short compared to that other story I wrote haha but whatever. ENJOY!