↳ 𝙏𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙏𝙤 𝙈𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝘼𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨

You and Toji were thinking of the ideal time to tell your kids about your engagement. Misumi wouldn't really understand or care for a matter of fact but you knew Megumi would. So you decided after the new year, and now that the new year was here, you had to do it. What better time to tell them than during family dinner?

"Mimi, eat your food." Toji told the child who was much more focused on moving the food around. She followed her father's orders. It was quiet since everyone was focused on eating.

"I was looking for preschools for Mimi." You spoke up which made Toji frown and caught Misumi's attention.

"Preschool?" They asked in unison, one was genuinely curious and the other a bit upset.

"Yes honey, it's a place where you learn and play with other kids." You responded before looking at Toji. "I know you want her to stay with you forever but she can't."

She looked at her brother, wondering if he had experienced this so-called "preschool". He was too focused on what was happening in front of him though, he looked back and forth between you and his father.

"She's still too young." He said, and you raised your eyebrow.

"She's three, Toji, most kids begin around age three." You informed him.

"So? That's too young. I can teach her better than any of those schools, ain't that right Gumi?" Toji turned his head to look at Megumi. He was put on the spot.

"Don't put Gumi on the spot. Our child also has to make friends and play with kids her age because playing with a man that's a millennium older than her is not enough." You replied, making Megumi laugh.

"Y'all love calling me old, like damn what did I do?" Toji asked, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah and you still manage to act like a child." You answered, making Toji roll his eyes again.

"Oh? So you're going to get married to a child? You know what that's called-" Luckily enough Toji was interrupted by Megumi.

"You two are getting married or is that just spewing shit?" Megumi questioned and your jaw dropped to the floor and you blinked. You wanted to answer yes but you also wanted to make Megumi put money in the swear jar (one that you had to get because Toji wouldn't stop cursing so Misumi picked up the bad habit, which worried you).

"I did want to announce it better but Toji can't keep his mouth shut. So yes, we're getting married, Gumi. Also put money in the swear jar." You responded, and Megumi was too busy grinning to even care about the dollar he lost to the swear jar. Now Misumi was confused.

"What does that mean?" She looked around in confusion, wanting an answer from someone.

"That you'll get to wear a very pretty dress and walk mommy down the aisle in a couple of months." You told her.

"And that your daddy loves mommy very much." Toji added. She nodded in response and went back to eating her food. She didn't look excited now, but you'd put some princess movie with a wedding at the end so her excitement would grow.

"Is there a set date?" Now Megumi began to ask questions that you had no answer to. But you had no answers so far.

"We wanted to tell you two first and then get started on the wedding planning." You replied.

"Can you do it in a foreign country when I have school so I have to miss a couple days?" He requested, making Toji laugh. You just blinked at the child before letting out a chuckle of your own.

"We'll think about it." You answered, going back to the food that was on your plate. Toji's phone rang and he took it out from his back pocket to check who it was.