>"Don't you love me?"

A.N: This is a short one I made while high last night; I did not proofread it but I think it's good (I don't remember haha)

"Don't you love me?" It's a question that's asked for ages; in every drama scene that's reality t.v. Every big cheat scene in some cheesy drama, where most of the time the girl is shown as distressed, weak, stupid, and sexualized. It's even in real life, when the story draws to both reality t.v and cheesy movies. It's shown them yelling it; but in reality of the situation, none of it's like this. In real life it's never asked, only a thought. Never resolved, only quiet and hopeless. It's a question most should ask, but because in real life no one ever asks; there's not a response we know. We don't know the answer because it's not fiction, it's not a trope, so people are scared to ask because it's the unknown.

That's the reality, it's quiet.

Fin's quiet now, as he watches everything go down from inside his brain. It replays so many times, so many unasked questions of how he got here. But he knows, and he knows and knows and he's scared. It hurts, the physical pain he has to adore. His eyes hold a damned up rivers within the blue of his eyes. His pupil reflects his father, raising his fist as the man himself cries; yelling out Fin's mothers name. He reeks of beer as his fist comes down again. Fin tastes metallic. He wants to scream 'don't you love me?!' He can hear in back of his mind, his mother wants to scream the same.

Fin knows the reality of it all, and so he stays quiet. Not letting out even a breath of pain, even though his body screams. He doesn't want to be here anymore. No, no not anymore.

*

The river beneath the stone bridge rushes, the chill of the trees pushing it further and further. The sun sets, an array of oranges painting the sky with white clouds painting alongside it. The trees are yellow and orange, the last sign of warmth. So Fin sits here, on the edge of the railing, and watches. Watches as the other sitting beside him breathes so calmly. She's watching the sky. Watching as a new sky envelopes their world every other minute.

It's safe here, with her, with the land. Fin lays tiredly against her shoulder, he's so so exhausted. So tired. Her hand runs through Fin's hair, Fin relaxing into her warmth. His eyes blur as well as his surroundings before he closes them.

Fin thinks that maybe he'll just rest his eyes a little. Just a few minutes, and then he'll get up. But soon hours pass, and he doesn't wake up. She just watchesFin with a smile, still combing through his hair. "I love you sweetheart, you'll never know how proud of you I am. You did your best standing up to your father. You did the absolute best you could."

Fin decided to see what happens in real life.
He doesn't regret it, not one bit; he's finally home.

A.N: Spoiler note, the woman is his mother. That's all you get about the ending, I'm curious to see if y'all can guess what happened 😤👏