Princess Pingvin🐧👑

I followed her down the long hallway and after a few strides she began to speak again. "Where do you originate from? Are you participating in a kingdom or empire?" She asks. "Yes actually I am the ruler of the Djungelskog display breed sanctuary but after the Great Stuffed War my entire colony was killed and I've been left by myself to rule over nothing but myself. I respond. "Oh dear that is really quite unfortunate" She says with concern on her face. I hadn't quite allowed myself to think about it since it took place when I was a kid but I should have. The Great Stuffed War wiped out my entire breed and because of my parents quick thinking I had been hiden and I survived the attack. I can still hear people running and screaming, I can remember the attack pretty clearly considering it happened years ago. It never should have happened, it was a day like any other and I was a happy kid until the workers invaded our borders, workers don't attack during the day so it must've been something that provoked them. My parents were killed and every other person in the kingdom could be considered extinct.

I hadn't realized that I had zoned out until we had turned a corner to another long and clean hall. "You still think about it don't you Mr Djungelskog?" She asks again with an expression of care and concern on her face and a look in her eyes that I can't quite figure out. "I guess I do. I don't quite realize it but it appears that way." I respond lazily. "But there really isn't any good about worrying about something I can't reverse now." I add. "I suppose you're correct. I do the same thing thinking about the battle between my kingdom of the Pengvin and the colony of the Blahaj, they took out my entire breed aswell but my whole life I've been collecting other breeds that have been banished from their own homes or they have been rejected by something and I've made a sanctuary for us all to live in peace." She said. "I'm so glad I could dedicate the rest of my life to creating a safe place in the vast land of IKEA. Everyone here is safe night and day, we have the best security and strongest barriers, no worker could ever penetrate these walls." She adds. I admire the way she speaks so passionately about her accomplishments. "I find it so extremely impressive how you've dedicated your fortune and life to creating something safe." I say to her. "Ah thank you I've really tried hard." She says with a slight blush on her cheeks

We approach a large wood door with beautiful floral detailing around the frame. As we get closer to the door she places her hand on the door know and says, "id like to show you this room." She opens the door and I'm greeted with a large room with marble walls and I loom up to see a large mural on the ceiling you'd only see in museums. I examine the room to see different ancient looking souvenirs that appear to be from different dynasties. "Every piece in here is from a different kingdom and every souvenir I've collected myself." She says in a proud manner. As I continue to look around the room in astonishment she turns to me, "My name is Pengvin, I'm the last of my kind and I'm the heir to this kingdom." I turn to face her and I say, "I'm Djungelskog, I'm the last of my kind and I'm the heir of my kingdom. Ironic?" She laughed and looked at me with smiling eyes. I don't know how to describe the feeling she gives me.

She escorts me out of the room and walks me to another wooden door with delicate details, she opens the door and I look behind the door into what appears to be a bedroom. There is a bed in the center of the room, a vanity and a bathroom attached. "This will be your sleeping quarters for until we find where you originated from." She says with a smile, "I'll be just down the hallway" and she gestures toward another door in the hallway. I turn to her with a smile, "thank you ma'am." I say to her. "Goodnight Mr Djungelskog." Un aware of the time, I look out the window to be greeted with the darkness engulfing the vast land of IKEA. I turn to the light switch and flip it off, I slide under the covers and stare at the pale colored ceiling in darkness as I drift off to sleep.