Dead-Eyed Lucy

I never got along with my family. My older brother, my younger sister, and my parents, always had a thing of their own, I could never get in. Nor did I want. They would laugh at minor stuff, like normal people, and I would just stare at them, blankly. Not that I didn't understand their jokes, I did, they just seemed too stupid for me to laugh of. Or maybe it was because my family was the one to tell them. I could never quite understand, and I really didn't care.

"Caroline! It's time, where are you? We have to go." That day, we were moving. Dad had just got a new job offer, you know? The usual. I didn't want to go though. I could hear my mother calling me from down stairs, but I didn't want to leave right away. I was in my soon to be ex-bedroom, leaning against the wall, just looking at the walls, when I felt my phone vibrating.

"So, u're really going hum? :(" It was a text from Kate, my best friend.

"Yeah... Don't get me wrong, I don't want it either. It sucks..."

"Gosh... :(( Well, I'm gonna miss u gurl!

"Yeah, I wont. I'm gonna get myself a new bf, that isn't so obsessed with TS." I answered, with a smirk.

"Pls, miss 'I-faint-everytime-Jonnhy-Deep-appeares'."

"But you still love me."

"Always will, always have. BTW, gtg, some of us have to attend SCHOOL, YA KNOW?!"

"Yeah, yeah, bye, you little bitch xp"

"LOL, bye."

In that moment, while I was putting my phone back, inside my pocket, my brother opened the door, and looked at me with the usually disgust expression he used to do whenever he saw me.

"What are you, deaf? Didn't you hear mom calling you?"

"I'm going, stop annoying me." I answered, rolling my eyes

"No, I won't stop annoying you, we have to go, now, and I don't care if you have stuff to do, you should have done it already. Now go! In front of me!"

I didn't move, I just kept looking at the ground. As long as he stood there, I wasn't going to move. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of me obeying him. Angry, he entered the room, and grabbed my arm.

"Hey, who do think you are, LET ME GO!" I said angry while he pushed me.

He didn't say anything, and just kept pushing me, forcing me to go downstairs with him, and only stopped in front of my mother. My mother turned, and looked at us, angry. He then let go of my arm that was red from the struggle.

"Caroline, where were you?! I've been looking for you all over the house!"

"She was in her bedroom." Said my brother with a smirk.

"Bedroom?! With all of these thing to get to the car, and you were in your bedroom?!" Her face turned red as a tomato, and I would probably be afraid to get slapped by saying anything, if I cared. I just rolled my eyes.

"See mom, that's the thing, she didn't want to work. As if you didn't know her already." I looked at my brother with rage filling my chest. 18 years old, and he was still a dick to me.

"Yeah, we'll see about that in the new house. You better start doing things around the house, young lady! Or there are going to be a lot of punishments for you. Because if you think you're going..."

I rolled my eyes again, turned, grabbed a box, and started going to the car. I could still hear my mom from the door, but I wasn't listening anymore. I got to the car and dropped the box on the front seat. My dad was standing right next to me, and saw me do so, giving him reasons to talk.