Chapter 4- The Phone

Mia's P.O.V

I wake up and run Max. I come home and Kara is sitting on my couch, waiting for me.

"What?" I ask suspiciously.

"What happened?" she ask craving answers.

"Well," I start as I smile and sit next to her, "We played truth or dare and he dared me to go on another date with him."

"Ahhhhhhh! Yes!"

"Why are you excited, I'm the one he asked?"

"Because I'm happy for you. It's been a really long time since you last dated and I just want to see that happy face of yours again."

"That's sweet. Hey, when did you leave last night?"

"When I heard, 'Let's play truth or dare?' I was like, 'Yeah, I'm good.' So I left." I smile at her response.

"I understand."

"So did he tell you when he was going to take you out?"

"No. I'll text him and ask if you want," I tell her.

She nods, "Go ahead."

"Okay, whatever," I say pulling out his phone.

To my phone:

Hey, so I guess we forgot to swap back phones. I was just wondering when our date was going to be.

From my phone:

Yeah, I noticed that. Are you free tonight, maybe around 7?

To my phone:

I'm free, where are we going?

From my phone:

It's a surprise. Dress nice, even a little more than you did last night. :)

To my phone:

Okay. I can't wait. :) See you soon.

From my phone:

See you soon.

I turn off the phone and set it down.

"Wait, you didn't get back your phone?" Kara questions me.

"No, why?"

"This is just perfect," she jumps up and down.

"How is this perfect? 'Oh, yeah, I lost my phone, and a stranger has it, it's perfect!'" I say mockingly waving my hands back and forth.

"Because, if you don't trade back your phones then you can keep going on dates! It gives you an excuse."

"But, I kind of want my phone back. Besides, he asked me out last night without our phones being involved. If he really likes me than he'll keep asking me out, and I don't want him to ask me out because I have his phone."

"I guess, but can you just do this for me."

"Fine, but I don't get what your asking me to do," I tell her.

"All you have to do is not mention your phone once to him. If he says something about it act like you just remembered. Then trail on and be like, 'Oh, yeah, I thought about that this morning. But my friend made me forget all about it by preparing me for this date in all. Friends are crazy huh?' Just change the subject like that, it will turn out fine."

"What if he ask again? Or what if he ask if I'm changing the subject? Or what if he doesn't like me, I don't want to push him? And what if-" I say.

"What if nothing! If it happens - which it won't - just give it back! Chill!" Kara interrupts me.

"Okay," I say.

"Now where is he taking you and when?"

"It's a surprise and tonight at seven. He said to dress nice."

"Come on then, let's get ready."

»»»

"I look amazing Kara. Thank you," I say twirling in the mirror. I have on a pink, silky, strapless, sparkling, high-low dress. The dangling pink earrings, and pink flower in my hair are beautiful. She put my hair in a braided bun and gave me a pink purse. I have on sparkly high heels and my makeup is perfect.

"You look hot, he will melt. I guarantee it, have fun and remember what I told you about the phone." I nod. "Okay," she responds to my nod, "go get him tiger." I smile and walk to the kitchen to look at the clock. 6:57. I turn to walk to the couch.

"Knock, Knock, Knock." I hear a fist against the door. Right on time.