Chapter 1

"You'll burn in hell! So freeze to death for all I care!"

I desperately begged my mom to let me stay with her, but she kept pushing me aside.

"I will never be associated with a dyke like you!"

She threw me to the ground and left. The crowd of people just stood in silence as I cried.

My name is Macy. I'm 11 years old, and I'm bisexual. And I just got kicked out for being bi.

My mom and I lived together, and for a long time it was us against the world. She's always be there for me and she always tried to make me happy.

That's why this week was the greatest week of my life. I watched back to back nonstop Six the Musical debuts.

Me and my mom first went to the cast change of the old cast, and then we watched the debut of the new cast, and let me tell you. They're all so amazing!

My mom even let me watch Paisley Billing's debut, and today was Esme Rothero's.

And also it was the day my mom disowned me. Yay.

I curled up into a ball and stayed behind the door of the stage, crying softly.

"Hello?"

I looked up and my heart leap. A woman with a neck-length bob was standing over me, her eyes full of concern.

"Hey, are you OK?"

I sniffled. "No..."

The woman, who I hoped was who I thought she was, knelt down in front of me and she smiled.

"I know you. You're the little girl in the front row who was cheering when I was singing DLUH. You were having so much fun."

I sniffled. "Yeah.. that's me. My mom just abandoned me thought..."

The woman frowned. "Why would she do that?"

I sniffled again. "I came out as bi and she yelled at me and left m-me."

The woman opened her arms and gestured for me to come. I ran into her arms and squeezed her tightly.

"Hey, little one, I'll take care of you. My name's, well, you already know, I assume."

I smiled. "Esme Rothero."

"That's me. And you are?"

"Macy Thomas. Are you really gonna take care of me?"

Esme smiled. "Of course, Macy. Come on, let's go home."

I smiled and we got up. I took Esme's hand and she walked me to her house.

"Thank you, Esme."

"For what, Macy?"

"For giving me a home."

Esme squeezed my hand. "You're welcome, Macy."