ten

💫
"fruit salad?"

"yeah, it's very nutritious, you want some?"

ten gave the innocent fruit salad sitting at their table a disgusted look before looking back at johnny. "i hate fruits"

johnny almost choke on an apple after hearing it, "wait! you hate them?" he exclaimed, looking at ten and hoping that he's just kidding around.

"i never tried them ever since and will never dare to try one," the younger said then going to their shared bed, sitting comfortably.

johnny didn't know what to do, was he supposed to laugh? or buy a vegetable salad for ten instead. he didn't know that ten dislikes fruits, all he knew is ten like to eat everything.

"would you give it a try?"

"do i have to repeat myself? i will never dare to try one"

sassy much as he is, ten focused himself on the screen of his phone, scrolling into something. he can drink fruit juices but can't or not eat fruits, the texture creeps him out.

"if it's a juice then i'd love it"

"oh! then i should buy---"

the way johnny panics also makes ten waves of panic, they don't know why. maybe because of how the chair rattles, maybe that's why.

"no! you don't have to!"

"but i didn't know that you dislike fruits," johnny said, standing like a tree across the room. "i should cook instead"

"no, i should cook for myself or maybe i can cook for you too" ten stands up from the bed as he approaches the older.

the two stare at each other like they are in an anime battle.

"rock!"

"paper!"

"scissors!"

johnny groaned, he just lost against ten as the younger was jumping happily and making his way to their mini kitchen. he just watched ten doing all the work in the kitchen.

he sat at a chair, near the kitchen where he can see ten doing his work in the kitchen, dancing in small font. he was having the best time of his life.

"ten, don't dance while chopping," johnny said while staring at his cute ten lovingly. "you might cute your fingers off"

"i can handle them, love, just trust me"

"of course i trust you"

🥀
"why you didn't tell me ten?"

ten was just staring at him with teary eyes.

how?

"why you didn't want to let me know?" his voice breaking as he was still holding ten's hands, tightly.

"i... i don't want you to get hu---"

"but i'm already hurt"

johnny wasn't angry, he was just frustrated because ten didn't tell him about his current situation, he might know it later when ten return to a coma state if he didn't ask his doctors.

"and please, i want you to be there for me, don't leave me" and there, johnny's tears that are threatening to fall are now falling hard. he pulled ten into a tight hug as he was crying on his shoulder as ten did the same thing.

"i'm already a burden to you"

"you're never a burden to me" johnny replied as he combed ten's hair. "as long as you're around, and i know that there's still hope, i will never get tired to take care of you"

"but i'm tired," ten cried as he slithered his arms on the older's nape. "and so are you, you did too much for me and i want you to live a life you had before"

"i want to live my life with you" johnny's hug got, even more, tighter than before, he was sure he didn't want to let ten go.

"and you promise me we will celebrate our anniversary and my birthday together"

"i did promise that"

"but..."

johnny loosened their hug, still crying uncontrollably when ten pulled away as he was cupping his lover's cheeks, caressing them. "you'll be okay"

"how would i be okay"

despite the tears that stained his cheeks, ten smiled. "it's your day"

"it's not my day if you're---"

"let's not think about that should we?" ten pulled johnny's face, their forehead touching each other.

"you know i love you right?"

"...i love you too"