Chapter 6 - What is the point?

When Jennie woke up the next day, she felt like her head was going to explode. She had no idea what time it was, neither of long she slept. The only thing she knew for sure was the enormous pain in her head. She didn't even dare to open her eyes, as she feared any bit of light would be the final nail in the coffin for her. Therefore she simply remained in this position, completely motionless. There was not a single sound to be heard. It was like she was the only person in the whole world right now. And that was fine with her. The way she felt right now, she wouldn't want anyone to disturb and get her out of her bed anyway. How did I even end up in my bed? She desperately tried to recollect last nights even in her mind. Jisoo and the girls wanted to have a girls night and Jennie eventually agreed. It was pretty fun, Jennie genuinely had a good time. She drank a lot, the never ending pain in her head being a constant reminder of that. Jisoo and Rosé had that really funny looking dance battle.

Rosé

Jennie opened her eyes as the thought of name triggered all the memories from last night to come back. That proved to be a dumb idea, since the sudden flash of light that hit her eyes made her groan in pain. Yep, it was definitely day. But since her eyes were already open, she took a look the room, only to find Lisa's bed empty. Her next action was checking the clock – 12:30pm.

Fuck

With another groan Jennie tried to lift herself up and held her hand to the side of her head in a vain attempt to ease the pain. She can't believe she and Rosé actually kissed. Or did they? It sounded too good to be true. But the memory of it felt so alive, there was now doubt that it actually happened. But Rosé kissed her back. What does that mean for her? Does it mean anything at all? And can Rosé even remember what they did last night? Would Jennie even want Rosé to remember the kiss? After all, Jennie crossed a line she definitely shouldn't have crossed. How the fuck am I supposed to look her into her eyes now after what happened?

Slowly she stood up and grabbed some fresh clothes before making her way to the bathroom. Luckily it wasn't occupied so she could take a shower and get ready. Once she felt the hot water running down her body, she immediately started to feel better. The pain in her head was still present of course, but a shower always helped her feel better. After enjoying the shower, she put on her outfit for the day which was consisting of black sweatpants and a white, oversized t-shirt. Definitely no attire to leave the house, and yes, that was just what Jennie had in mind. Afterwards she slowly made her way downstairs. As she walked down the stairs, she could hear sounds from the kitchen, signaling that the others members were awake and busy. Jennie's thoughts were racing again as she realized that she was about to meet Rosé again. How was she supposed to behave? She guessed she would've just wait to see how Rosé would act, but that was her next big concern. She really did not know what she was hoping for, which would be the better option. Rosé remembering or acknowledging the kiss and making everything really complicated? Or Rosé not remembering the kiss and therefore setting them effectively back to square one. Plus, that would require Jennie to pretend nothing happened, and she really didn't know if she could do that.

She took one last breath, braced herself and entered the kitchen. Her eyes immediately locked onto Rosé, who was sitting at the kitchen counter with Jisoo and Lisa. The three girls seemed to be eating breakfast right now, there was not much chatter going on. They were obviously just as banged up as Jennie was. Even Lisa had at least enough decency, or lack of energy, to not greet Jennie in her usual overly loud and vibrant manner. "Good morning Jen." Jisoo greeted her softly while giving her a warm smile. "Morning.." Jennie replied automatically, eyes glued to Rosé and not focusing on anything or anyone else. When Rosé looked up to greet Jennie, she scanned Rosé's face for any signs to tell her if Rosé can remember anything. There would be no way she could forget a kiss like that, right?