Chapter 1

I looked at my watch, it's already 7:45 PM, 45 mins late from the supposed time that he set. What is going on? Where is he?

"Steve", I said his name.

I was waiting calmly while there is definite silence in the library, I can almost hear my heart beat as I was sitting in a corner. I looked to my left and right, there are 5 tables to my left and 6 on my right.

Behind me are just a set of Dictionaries and infront are sets of Biography books. There are lights everywhere but those are yellowish, it's an old library.

I agreed to meet him on a library in a small memorial park of some kind.

There I felt my bag vibrated. I immediately took out my phone, my eyes almost rolled as I read the name in the caller's ID.

"Where are you?!" It's a good thing that I don't put the speaker of my phone right in my ear or else my eardrums will blow up.

I can hear his panicking voice, it's weird because my brother is never this emotional. He is always calm, as much as he can be.

"I'm at a nearby public library" I told him and bit my lips.There was a sigh, followed by a child's cry.

"I-I found your husband, he's in California" He said.

My heart skipped a beat after hearing what he just declared. I feel like, I can't move.

"I am waiting for him", I said weakly.

"You-" I just put down the phone because I can't afford to hear another word about my husband.

The husband I married about two years ago and the husband I am meeting now are one, Stevenson Feaderwhide.

It's just that, the man I married years ago now wanted a divorce.

"Angela", I raised my head and looked at the man in front of me.

He's not smiling just like how he used to greet me everytime in this exact area in the library. It was a wall that is right infront of us, it was there, invincible.

"How have you been?" He asked out of politeness.

I gave him a weak smile. "So, did you bring the divorce papers?" I asked.

He gave me a look and put an envelope infront of me right at the top of the desk where we once read our love letters together. "I was thankful that you are cooperative" he said and gave me a genuine smile before turning his back at me.

I shake my hand before I hold the envelope. "I was thankful for all the memories, Steven" I said and pulled out the divorce papers.

I smiled because now I don't have to go and run towards him and chase him. I was the reason why he lost the dream he always wanted.

There is that feeling of being squished in the chest and the feeling of taking in air as if it is as heavy as water but I can see no tears forming in my eyes. I guess, I already lost the ability to cry for this love story, it ended well though.

I looked at the desk I once used with him.
"Goodbye, I guess" I said.

24 hours, it is the time it took to see me in the brink of destruction with a knife in my hand. I was devastated, can anyone blame me?

I looked at my face in the small mirror of the lavatory. My eyes are red, my hair is a mess and my lips are as pale as the marbled floor.

I think something can just save me now, I lost my husband, I lost myself, I lost my happiness.

There is another ring from my telephone. I bet it's from my brother again, he's annoying me.

I groaned and pulled my door to reach for my telephone. "Can you just shut up?! I want to have a moment here!" I screamed on full volume of my voice.