•1•

(Yelenas apartment above as well as music for this chapter)

The sun shone through the broken glass of the abandoned apartment Yelena had found while walking through the city of New York. Alarm blasting in her ear she slowly woke up. Yelena groaned as she stopped her alarm clock,  and threw the covers off her bed. Yelena had spent a few months in New York and she was getting used to the American bustle she would hear each morning. She stepped out of bed and slipped on her fluffy socks. She slid across the wooden flooring to her small closet.

Yelena slipped on her workout gear and pressed play on her radio. She walked over to the lounge were she lay down her yoga mat. She started some stretches and after a while she became exhausted. Yelena rolled up her mat and made a smoothie in the kitchen. After she had finished her smoothie she made her way towards the shower.

After the warm shower Yelena put on some normal clothes, making sure to put her suit on underneath. She locked her apartment door and walked out.

Yelena would try to have a nice breakfast at least once a week if not she would probably live off just smoothies, so she headed to the local cafe.

(Her pov)

The bell rang through my ears as I opened the shop door, I love this place. I could sit in here for hours reading all the books with my coffee. It's just so calm. I walked towards the counter. There wasn't a worker there so I waited for a little bit taking in the surroundings. I've had a long week, I need this. Suddenly a blue streak flew past me making me fly forward a little. A man messily walked behind the counter quickly tying his apron (a very handsome man may I add).
"I'm sorry for the wait, I just forgot it was my shift today I don't normally work mornings." 
"No, no it's fine. Im in no rush." I smiled at him.

He smiled back, "uh, what would you like."
"A coffee please and a bagel with cream cheese."
"Name for the order?" He smiled at me
"Oh, uh Yelena."
"Yelena," he mumbled "what a lovely name." He said.

I smiled and paid for my breakfast and went to sit down on the sofa, just as I was about to sit down I heard... "Yelena, coffee and bagel."
God, that was quick.
I stood back up and walked to the counter.

"The workers here aren't normally that quick." I laughed.
"I guess I'm just used to the lunch shift, lots of people visit then."
"Well, uh... thank you..." I looked at him.
"Pietro, my names Pietro."
"Well thank you Pietro." I smiled kindly at him.