Do It.

Baylor
Why is she just starring at her book?
I wish I could talk to her and not get nervous. She's so beautiful. Out of my league for sure. I want to hear her voice. She wouldn't bother with me. Just turn me down. But, you know, why not try?

Ok, I'm going to do it....
Here I go....

"Hey, Baylor!" My best friend Cody calls to me. "Let's go grab some food before we head home!" I walk over to him, catching my board with my left hand, and put my right hand on his shoulder. I can tell him anything, right? "You see that girl over there?" I point to where Luna sits. He nods. "That's Luna. I kidda dig her. You know?" Cody gives me a look and laughs. "Baylor, look at her. Look at you."

I see where he's going with this, but I don't care. I shove him and laugh. I'm going to do it. I reach down to grab my backpack and start walking toward her. Cody yells at me, "You have no chance! Good luck homie!" Are you kidding me Cody! I turn and face him and mouth "Shut up!".

Ok. I am 40 feet away from her.
I can do this.
30 feet away.
She's just a girl.
20 feet away.
She's beautiful.
10 feet away.
Am I crazy!?

I start to turn and dodge her, but she looks up from her page. She suddly shakes. I guess she got the chills. The wind just blew. Should I offer her my hoodie?

"Hi." I said a bit too loud.