ONE

Dedicated to: MagicMagis, my ever supportive and loving best friend. :)
(Bold letters are conversations)
--------

Griffith

When my eyes started to see the world, all I knew was THE ENSEMBLE. That's what our faction was called.
I grew up with a world of tall buildings with no access to the outside. Many of us didn't know what's out there. But for some, some who skipped from our world, they said it was hideous and horrific. But that's the most probable cause why the Plenary won't allow any skipper to get out to the outside.
We had been given this "so called" power. To skip, or technically to teleport from one place to another before the blink of an eye. And yes, I'm living in a fast world.
The only place inside the Ensemble where we can't skip into is the Plenary's rendezvous. But on every where, we can.
That's the problem with ladies here, privacy is a question.
That's why we were made with partners. Partners with everything, eating, sleeping, playing, sex, name it! We do that with our partner. We are obliged to help and protect each other in all situations.
and my partner since before I was made I guess, is Frieda. She's a silent siren, but the naughtiest mischief I have ever met! Since I am beside her since forever, that's not a question either.
Here, we live with balance.
No one's better, no one's worse.
We eliminate the unnecessary.
And we live with equality.
Yes! Equality. No double standard, you would eye on everyone with the same measurement, with the same law.
I am the same with Frieda, Frieda's the same with the Plenary. The Plenary is the same with me.
The only advantage they have is their assignment. Yes! We are all assigned here. But that's when you would graduate.
The only assignment you have before graduation is to protect and help your assigned partner while discovering your aptitude.
Speaking of, a skipper would have a job that he perfectly fits for.
I am eager, exited, and wondering what job would they offer me.
Even wondering of The Plenary even discovered a job for me.
Worst here is, if you will be chosen as apprentice. You wouldn't have a chance to be an expert, but to be the "forever" trainee of your master.
Wish me luck! Fingers crossed, I wouldn't end up ascapprentice. I'm not that worse after all.
Worse with becoming an apprentice is the fear of getting into the outside. Why? Because only Journey Skippers would have the privilege to get to the outside. If that would be the assigned task for me, that would be the coolest! They said only the bravest and most courageous skipper would have the said chance.

(I skipped to the top of the sky scraper u used to unwind with Frieda)

Griffith!
Frieda called me.
Frieda! What's up?
I answered.

So, how's your feeling for tomorrow?-Frieda
Excited? I guess?- me

But I can finally say it's tingling! She announced and abruptly skipped to me after.

Graduation is really a phenomenon for you! huh? I revealed by the means of her reaction.

What if I became apprentice?
She asked with fear in her eyes.

That question should be asked rather to me. You are stronger and smarter than me Fried. You can even replace Belinda if you want! Besides, becoming an apprentice isn't lowering your reputation. I added and smiled.

Well, maybe your right. But the Belinda thing, I don't believe it. Then she sighed.

Nahh! I added.

So, let's ho to the quarters and get some sleep! It will be a big day tomorrow. She said with tired eyes.

Yeah, that. Then tell me who's excited! I teased her.

Yeah right! She giggled.

(Skipped to the quarters)

I wish I was a healer. She said leaning against the head board.

Healer? You mean those who can't feel pain? Me, curious.

Yeah those. She boringly said.

Oh! That's crap! I still love traveling from one space to another in no time! I exclaimed in satisfaction.

I know that. But why are we supposed to hate them? I mean it's in the truce with the Hunters, who we never met or knew if they evidently exist but. That's quite unfair. Frieda.

Yeah, I know, but you know that befriending healers is our death, right? Besides, only Journey skippers can meet them in the outside. Me.

That's the point. The Hunters made a barrier between us and healers. Are they that harmful? Fried.

Maybe? I guess? Me.

I don't think so.

Why do you say so?

Nothing.

Nahh! Just get some sleep
You are just being hysterical.
I said while closing my eyes.

Fine. She agreed with a sigh of relief.

Good night!

G'night.

------

>>end of chapter 1. Watch out for chapter 2 on my next update.

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN.

I love you guys! Always and forever.