Oneshot-3

"What the fuck are you saying, now?"

Cale Barrow, White star, doubted his ears for a moment there.

No, what was he hearing right now?

"Ah, you don't want to? I thought that had been your 1000 year old dream."

Another nonchalant voice was heard.

White star couldn't comprehend the other party's motives at all. Shouldn't the one that had been fighting him not come and offer a co-operation?

Just what was this bastard thinking?

Cale Henituse, the man who the white star was confused with, sat there sipping his sweet tea, that had been offered to him by the old assassin.

His thoughts were completely different from the fellow redhead.

It's sweet tea...this old man is definitely tired as well.

He thought about whether he should let them go back to the Molan territory for a while as a vacation.

He unconsciously nodded.

Others might need a break too.

That was why he was here. Uh, well, that wasn't the main reason but moving on..

"I don't entertain such lack of response. Do you want to work with me or not?" He threw the sentence as if he was talking about the weather.

White star could feel a vein bulging from his forehead.

This man..! He's talking as if he wasn't the one who came to him and confined him here while persuading his ancient powers by bribing them with whatnot.

Hell, he didn't even know his ancient powers could talk-! He had absorbed them perfectly! Much less, that they would betray him so easily!

He gritted his teeth in annoyance and thought that there wasn't any use of being suspicious anyways.

"Fine. I agree."

He could see the man nodding in approving manner.

"Alright then, your ancient powers are already useless as of now-"

He did not need to remind him about that-!

"-and the fact that you're agreeing means that you have calculated well, so, I am willing to give you sufficient information."

Cale felt that he was acting too out of character. When was he ever a man of so many words?

(Aoi: ahem, those are supposed to be the author's words actually-)

He shook his head internally. It seemed that the war had affected him as well.

His black uniform was stained in his own blood as he came here from the middle of a battle.

He couldn't care less about it since the root of the problem was already going to be uprooted today. He didn't really want to kill the man yet as he could still be considered as a useful resource.

"First, you're not of any value to that sealed shit, don't be deluded."

This man, who was trying to gobble up a god and become one himself, did not realise that he was mere pawn. Nothing more.

White star wanted to slam the table and shout in disbelief but understood that this man, who was possibly an apostle of the gods, wouldn't really lie about such a matter.

Cale couldn't care less about the white star's expression in front of him as he continued,

"Stop that stupid act of worship for that shitty god. There's no benefit you'll gain anyways."