Chapter 1

"Excellent, Harry!" Sirius said, watching as his young charge dodged an incoming spell from Remus. Hermione smiled, proud of how well Harry's training has been going.

It's been about a month since the attack of Kings Cross and the death of Hermione's parents. In that time, Hermione has struggled to move on, using this to continue her training alongside Ron and Harry every day. Harry's been working harder, wanting revenge for what happened to Hermione whilst training for his final battle with Voldemort.

The times that they weren't training were the times that Mrs. Weasley had them cleaning. With the absence of Fred and George, she was able to split everyone up so there was only one cleaning each room.

Professor Dumbledore has also been working with Harry on his occlumency. Harry was now able to completely remove Dumbledore in a matter of a few seconds, something he had been unable to do since he started.

All in all, he felt as though he were growing stronger each day.

Dodging another spell from Remus, he stood up and disarmed him, watching as Remus then smiled at him.

"You're doing great, Harry," he replied, picking his wand up off of the floor.

"That was pretty cool," Ron said, clapping Harry on the back. Harry smiled as Hermione walked up to him.

"You got this," she said, smiling back at him.

"I made you a promise, and I'm going to live up to it," he replied, gently pushing a piece of her hair back behind her ear.

"The fight against Voldemort in the tunnel was great," Sirius said, sitting on the desk that was in the room, "but, you still have a long way to go."

"I'm getting better every day," Harry replied. "So are Ron and Hermione."

"It's not just about being stronger," Remus replied. "It's about being smarter as well. Keep up with your studies-all of you-and make sure you stay one step ahead."

They nodded. Sirius looked at his watch.

"Nearly time for dinner. Let's end it here for today."

They nodded and followed Sirius and Remus down to the kitchen.

*****

It was nearing the middle of the July when Professor Dumbledore entered the kitchen one morning, holding a handful of letters in his hand. Everyone looked at each other, suddenly remembering.

"Good morning, everyone. I have all of your N.E.W.T. results and O.W.L. results. Fred and George, here's your N.E.W.T. results. Ron, your O.W.L. results. Hermione, here's yours and here's yours, Harry."

Harry hesitated for a moment before opening his envelope. Pulling the letter out, he opened it, feeling his hands tremble as he did so.

ORDINARY WIZARDING LEVEL RESULTS

Pass Grades Fail Grades

Outstanding (O) Poor (P)

Exceeds Expectations (E) Dreadful (D)

Acceptable (A) Troll (T)

Harry James Potter has achieved: