Chapter 2

"So, you want me to come with you to bring a former teacher back?"

Harry sat opposite Dumbledore, his face filled with confusion as he stared at him. Dumbledore nodded.

"Professor Slughorn was very impressed with your mother, Harry. She was one of his favorite students. I need you to become one of his as well."

"Why?"

"I will explain later. I just need you to come with me for now."

Harry looked over at Sirius, who shrugged in response. "Go with him. Do whatever you can to convince him to come back."

Harry nodded, looking back at Dumbledore as he did so. Dumbledore stood up, smoothing out his robes as he did so.

"After dinner, we will go."

"Can I tell Ron and Hermione?"

"Just them, please. Say that you and I are going somewhere. If we succeed, you may tell them. I need to keep this quiet for now."

*****

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Hermione asked.

"Dumbledore wants me to go with him somewhere. I don't know where, but, he said that I should be back later tonight."

"Must be serious if Dumbledore wants you to go with him," Ron said.

Harry nodded, unsure of what to say. He then looked over at Hermione who, for the most part, was quiet.

"You're awfully quiet about this."

She shook her head, not wanting to say anything.

"I'll be back."

"Doesn't stop me from worrying."

He reached in his pocket and pulled out the fake gallon that was in it. She smiled slightly.

"Keep yours by your side. If you worry, I'll talk to you."

She nodded, and wrapped her arms around him. His wrapped around her, and he looked over at Ron, who looked back at him sadly.

'She's still grieving about her parents. That's why she's so worried,' he thought, kissing her head.

*****

"I'll be back soon," Harry said, wrapping his arms around Hermione's waist. She nodded.

"Be careful."

"I will be. Love you."

"Love you, too," she replied, before capturing his lips with hers. They kissed for a moment before Ron gagging behind them broke them apart.

"Grow up, would you?" Hermione said, glaring at Ron.

"I should be going anyway," Harry said, watching as they nodded. He bid them both goodbye before he rushed downstairs to Dumbledore, who was waiting for him by the front door.

"Ready to go?" he asked, smiling softly. Harry nodded. He opened the front door and quickly strode out with Dumbledore falling right behind him. He then took him to an abandoned alleyway and ordered Harry to hold onto his arm, apparating as soon as he did so.